Stylish Magazine Holder
This Stylish Magazine Holder from American Girl Crafts is great for a young girl's room. Use it to hold all her American Girl magazines or her diaries and journals. Magazine holders are great ways to upcycle old cereal boxes into something useful and decorative!
- Super Paper Pad from American Girl Crafts
- Brilliant Butterflies Shiny Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Photo Frame Pillow Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Tiny Letters Glitter Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Gem Stickers from American Girl Crafts
- Craft Glue
- Stencil Ruler
- Large cereal box
Before you begin: Glue can be messy, so cover your work space with newspaper or scrap paper.
- Ask an adult to help you find an empty cereal box to make your magazine holder.
- Turn the box to a side panel. Using a pencil and ruler, measure 4 inches from the bottom of the box and draw a line across.
- With the front panel of the box facing up, use the ruler to draw a straight line from the top corner of the box across diagonally to meet the line you drew on the side panel. Repeat this step on the back panel of the box.
- Ask an adult to help you cut away the top sections of the box, cutting on the lines you drew as your guides.
- Remove two sheets of the same pattern from the Super Paper Pad. These will cover the outside of the box. Apply thin lines of glue to the edges and center of the white side of the paper. Stick the paper to the outside of the box, making sure to fold the edges over the side and bottom panels. Smooth out any bubbles by gently pressing across the paper.
- Create a paper band around the box by trimming wide strips from the paper pad. Glue one strip at a time to the box, until the band wraps all the way around. Wrap the box with ribbon, gluing it down along the edge of the paper band.
- On a small piece of paper, write what your box will contain, like “My Favorite Magazines” or “School Folders.” Add the Tiny Letter Glitter Stickers, if you have room. Frame your subject with a sticker from the Photo Frame Pillow Stickers.
- Add Brilliant Butterflies Shiny Stickers and Gem Stickers to make the box extra special.
Read NextEasy Painted Kids Table