Cowboy Love No-Sew Pillow
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "I love bandanas, they can be used for so many different things; tie a bandana around your head for a trendy boho look, sew them together make a huge picnic blanket or you can make an easy no sew pillow."
Grab some old bandanas and learn how to make a pillow that is perfect for any country home. Easily tied together, this homemade pillow patterns lets you add love to your abode for the fraction of the cost of a brand new, store-bought throw pillow. The Cowboy Love No-Sew Pillow requires absolutely no sewing, making it even easier to create. This DIY pillow would look lovely in just about any home. If you want to make something that is a little more chic, consider using vintage scarves to create this beauty instead.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 2 bandanas
- Pinking shears
Find even more ways to make DIY throw pillows and homemade pillow patterns in our collection of 35 Pillow Making Crafts
How to Make Pillows
Place the bandanas on top of each other wrong side facing inwards, fold the bandanas in half and cut out a half heart shape.
Fold the hearts open keeping the two bandanas on top of each other. Use pinking shears to cut a fringe around the heart shaped bandanas. The fringe pieces should be at least 6.5 cm long and 2.5 cm wide.
Fold the fringe over and make a small slit on the fold. You’ll use the slit to “weave” the edges of the pillow, so the smaller the better.
Turn the the fringe strips up and squish them into a little sausage and then pull them down, through the slit.
Tug gently to tighten. Continue weaving the fringe and periodically flip your heart over to make sure you haven’t missed any lonely little fringe pieces
Leave the last five fringe pieces, stuff the heart and then finish off the pillow by weaving the last few pieces.
Looking for more DIY crafts that John Wayne would love? Then check out the always-adorable Cowboy in Training Rocking Horse
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket pattern is a soft, fun, gender neutral blanket that's perfect for adding character to a baby's… Continue reading: "C2C Crochet Bunny Baby Blanket"
- How to Make a Door Draft Stopper
- 15 Free Sewing Patterns for Machine Covers
- Dollar Store Dresser Makeover
- Mason Jar Lid DIY Coaster
- T-shirt Yarn Dreamcatcher
- Easy No-Binding Pot Holder Pattern
- Fat Quarter Plastic Bag Dispenser
- How to Sew Potholders Video
- DIY Chevron Denim Pillow
- Upcycled Coffee Can Vase
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Ironing Board Cover
- Diy Fabric Basket
- Glistening Snowflake Made From Recycled Cd
- Thrifty And Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Homemade Holiday Gift Envelopes
- Festive Wine Cork Christmas Trees
- Juneau Blues Beanie
- Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Santa Cork Gnome
- Woodland Wolf Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home