Yar me maties. Make your own pirate costume this Halloween. Your kids will love it. It glows in the dark too. Check out our 19 Homemade Halloween Costumes collection for more great Halloween costume ideas.
Glo in the Dark Dimensional Writer
- DS76C - Glo in the Dark Dimensional Writer
SoSoft Dimensional Writers
- DD115 - Black
- DD303 - Gold
- Pirate hook, Darice Foamies #106-239M
- Black foam pirate hat, Darice Foamies
- Black foam pirate sword, Darice Foamies #1052-80S
- Coordinating bandana
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Blue feather
- Black sweatpants
- White sweatshirt
- Black t-shirt
Use Glo in the Dark Dimensional Writer to paint "shiver me timbers" on sword blade and "aye", pupils, and outline of eyes on hat. Set aside to dry.
Use glue gun to adhere feather to back of pirate hat.
Fold bandana in half and use scissors to cut into edge at half point. Tear across bandana, trimming away loose threads. Cut and tear both halves in half to create four strips. Tie ends of two bandana strips together and repeat with remaining strips to form belt, leaving ends loose to hang down at side.
Use scissors to cut off all bands from t-shirt neck, bottom, and sleeves; shorten pants to desired length. Cut jagged edges into bottom edge of sleeves, shirt, and pants. At center front of neck opening, cut 2" slit.
Referring to photo for placement, use Black SoSoft Dimensional Writer to paint laces of shirt as if weaving in and out and hanging down by slit. Allow to dry.
- Use Gold SoSoft Dimensional Writer to paint grommets around ends of black lines where laces appear to enter shirt. Allow to dry.
Read NextCute Polly Pumpkin