Creepy Googly Eyes Topiary
If you feel like someone's watching you, it's probably because you have a Creepy Googly Eyes Topiary growing in your home. This is a playful Halloween decoration idea that won't scare the kids away. In fact, it might make them giggle a bit. Tickle your little skeletons' funny bones with this delightful Halloween decorating idea. This Creepy Googly Eyes Topiary is sure to put a smile on everyone's face. Halloween is about the wonderful as well as the weird, after all.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- 3" Smoothfoam ball
- 3" Smoothfoam cube
- 1 pack of multi-colored googly eyes
- 2 sheets of 6" spooky-themed paper
- 1000 black sequins
- 1yd of black sequin ribbon
- 1/2 yd of 1/2" wide black lace
- 1/3 yd of 1/2" wide black velvet ribbon
- 1/4" dowel rod, 10" long
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue pen
- Paper cutter
- Sponge brush
- Screwdriver or knitting needle
- Parchment paper
- Dark green craft felt
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cover your surface with a sheet of parchment paper. Squirt some paint onto the paper and paint the ball orange. Allow to dry.
- Use your paper cutter to measure and cut 5 squares of spooky paper, each 3"x3" in size. (You could also use a ruler and scissors.) Glue the squares to 5 sides of the cube. For the bottom, measure and cut a 3"x3" piece of felt. Glue the felt to the bottom. Allow to dry.
- Using a knitting needle or screwdriver, poke a hole into the ball that is nearly 1/4" in size. Measure to find the center of the cube's top and poke a hole with the screwdriver or knitting needle.