We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Lindsay Obermeyer is an author, educator, and artist with a passion for textiles. A natural born colorist with an eye for detail, Lindsay has been exhibiting her work in galleries and museums around the world for over 20 years, including the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and the Museum of Art and Design in New York. Her designs have been included in 6 instructional books published by Lark Books with a new one soon to come out with Cooperative Press while her writing has been published in Fiberarts, Knit.1 and Reinventing Textiles: Gender and Identity.
Lindsay's community artwork The Red Thread Project® involved thousands of knitters and crocheters from around the world and over 6,000 handmade hats donated to charity. Through the project she personally taught over 1,500 children how to knit in schools around Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri and Tennessee.
Her most ambitious project to date has been knitting a 32lb sweater for a 5ft, 250lb fiberglass globe. It required military grade parachute cord and a forklift to complete. Inspired by a frequent conversation in her household of “Mom, I’m cold!” followed by “Put on a sweater,” her public art piece “Adjust the Thermostat” has been exhibited around the world with the traveling exhibition Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet.
Lindsay views her role as artist to be synonymous with that of an educator and as such has always included teaching as part of her art practice. She's never sure who learns more, her or her students. She's taught at schools, universities, guilds, and shops with students ranging in age from three to 92.
Born in St. Louis, Lindsay now resides in Chicago with her daughter and two zany pooches.When not in the studio, she may be found puttering in the garden, experimenting in the kitchen, or at a coffee shop perusing the latest travel magazines.
Laura's Free Craft Projects on FaveCrafts:
- Claus-Approved Beaded Ornament
- Big n' Bold Christmas Ornaments
- Needle Felted Christmas Tree
- Christmas Cool Ornaments Wreath
- Unforgettable Snowman Pencil Puppet
Free Halloween Crafts
- Scary Googly Eye Barrette
- Day of the Dead Skull Door Decoration
- Day of the Dead Decorative Skull
- Creepy Googly Eyes Topiary
Easter Craft Projects
- A Basket of Decoupaged Eggs
- Recycled Magazine Floral Wreath
- Peony Wreath
- Inspiring Spring T-Shirt
- Blinged Out Easter Egg
- Simple Flower Etched Pitcher
- Blooming Spring Hat
- Whimsical Pompom Topiary
Projects for Valentine's Day
Crafts for the Home
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Full of Love Crochet Mason Jar Cozy Pattern
- Colorful DIY Agenda Planner
- Blinged Out DIY Cell Phone Case
- Egg Carton Flower Fairies
- Spring Flower DIY Wreath
- Ric Rac Rose Earrings
- Toilet Paper Roll Paint Stamps
- Paper Dolls Crochet Shawlette Pattern
- Teresa Collins Scrapbooking Set
- Pretty Hydrangea DIY Paper Flowers