Crafty Pumpkin Costume
This crafty pumpkin costume from The New Image Group is simple and fuss-free. Don't stress too much about your costume this year; make an easy homemade costume like this one and you'll have more time to go trick-or-treating!
- Orange T-Shirt (larger than person wearing it, will be filled)
- Black Elastic
- Black Quick Stick Felt, 9” x 12”, 2-3 sheets
- Cocoa Soft Felt Sheet
- Bright Green Chenille Stems
- Head Band
- Poly-Fil (optional)
- Safety Pin
- Cut Jack o' Lantern's features from Black EZ Felt:
- Eyes: 5" triangles
- Nose: 3" triangle
- Mouth: 12" x 5-1/2"
- Cut a small slit on the inside bottom seam of shirt.
- Place safety pin on end of elastic and run through seam opening. When you reach the other end, pull, creating a "pouf". Keep ends of elastic together with safety pin.
- Place shirt on flat surface; peel off adhesive backing and place facial features onto shirt.
- Cut piece of Cocoa felt approximately 5" x 2" fold over center of head band to determine where glue should be placed.
- Put Fabri-tac on inside of one side of felt; gently apply pressure putting pieces together.
- Twist lengths of brightly colored green chenille stems around headpiece on either side of pumpkin "stem." Twist stems around pencil and stretch out, creating the look of vines.
- Wear green or black shirt and pants with costume. Option: fill pumpkin with batting or other material to make the pumpkin "full".
Read NextPirate Pumpkin