Bottle Cap Crosses
Use bottle caps and family pictures to create Christian crosses full of reminders of what to be thankful for. These crosses from I Love to Create are a great activity for Bible studies and families to make together. These crosses could also be an Easter craft.
There's tons more where this came from! Find many more creative bottle cap crafts in our article, 15 Bottle Cap Crafts!
- Tulip® 3D Fashin Paint™
65426 Blueberry Sparkles
FLSK7-4 Sugar Plum 4z nly
- Aleene's® Fast Grab Tacky Glue®
- Bottle caps, 10 per cross
- Ribbon, 8”
- Template, circle 1-1/16” or hole punch same size
- Brush, flat
- Craft sticks, jumbo
- Squeeze Glitter Paint on foil. Brush on one side of craft stick. Let dry. Repeat on other side. Let dry. Brush Paint around zig zag edges of bottle caps. Let dry with wet paint up.
- Glue craft sticks together in a cross with about 1-½” of vertical stick above edge of other stick. Let dry.
- Using circle template, draw a circle around each picture. Cut out pictures or use a punch to make circles for bottle caps. Apply a very small amount of Glue, to inside of bottle cap. Push picture in cap and press around edges.
- Fold ribbon in half and tie a knot about 1” from fold. Glue ends of ribbon flat against stick at top. Glue all bottle caps on cross. Let dry flat. NOTE: Top and bottom caps may hang over edge of craft stick a little bit.
Read NextGold DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 11, 2013
Beer bottle caps would work as well.
May 20, 2012
great fo Bible school project
collosullivan 4066 826
Dec 26, 2010
this cross sounds great, will make them for Easter gifts...many thanks
Jul 13, 2010
These are great. Try filling the caps with liquid acryilic that dries clear that seems like it would preserve pictures.
Jul 13, 2010
Are these made from old coke bottle caps or current bottle caps. They look like the old fashioned pop off bottle caps. I guess one could use the new type plastic caps with the same results.
Apr 22, 2010
I love this! I collect crosses and have them in between pics on the wall. Can't wait to make them.
deer RACK Crafts
Apr 22, 2010
this would be great for Bible School project.....thanks for idea....
Apr 13, 2010
Thanks! I just found a great Mother's Day Gift!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use