Origami Mini Paint Chip Box
Use up an old paint chip to make a one-of-a-kind gift box for someone you love! This origami paper box from Crystal Donnelly has a special surprise inside for your recipient.
- 2 Larger sized paint chip samples lighter colors work best
- Bone folder or wooden ruler
- Tacky glue
- Small heart shaped motif, you can use a rhinestone heart, wooden, paper punched, or like in my case a puffy heart.
- Tiny gift bow
- Ruler, pencil, scissors
- Measure and cut a paint chip sample 3 ½” x 3 ½”. Cut the other paint chip sample 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”.
- Using the larger paint chip (top) fold in half, turn and fold in half again. Open to non-colored side.
- Fold the corner up to center line. Repeat for remaining three corners.
- Turn and fold up bottom straight edge. Turn and do the same to the other side.
- Open and turn sideways. Turn up bottom to meet the point. (See photo) So the same to the opposite side.
- Turn piece long ways and turn upper corner in to meet the lower fold line. (See photo) Repeat on the other side. Do the same thing to the opposite end corners.
- Open. This is the only tricky part, although it does sort of fold itself. Tuck the points in and down on one side first, then do the same thing on the opposite side. All four points will meet inside the box top. (See photo)
- Repeat steps 2-7 for the smaller paint chip sample. (Bottom)
- Stick a mini bow on the top.
- Glue a mini heart inside the bottom box.