Pretty Painted Flower Pots
Visit Michelle at Faerie Dust Dreams.
Turn boring clay pots into decorative decor items with a little bit of paint. When spring arrives, you can display these Pretty Painted Flower Pots throughout your garden. Flower pot crafts help you get in the mood for warm weather and sunny days.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Plaid Daffodil Yellow Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint
- Plaid Apple Red Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint
- Plaid Lime Green Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint
- Outdoor Mod Podge
- Plaid Garden Adhesive Stencils
- Mod Podge Foam Brush, set of 4
- Plastic pots
- Window cleaner
- Wet cloth
- Paper towels
- Fine detail brush
- Clean the outside of the pots you wish to paint with window spray and then dry.
- Peel your Plaid Garden Adhesive Stencil from the sheet provided. Place on the clean pot.
- Pour some of the Plaid Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint onto a paper plate and begin dabbing color onto the stencil with a Mod Podge foam brush.
- Clean the Mod Podge foam brush with water in between colors. Change water if it become murky.
- If you make a mistake, simply remove the Plaid Garden Adhesive Stencil and wipe design on the pot clean with a wet cloth before the Plaid Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint has a chance to dry.
- When you are happy with the painting, remove the stencil and carefully wipe before reapplying elsewhere on the pot. Add additional detail with your fine brush.
- Let the pot dry completely before applying sealer.
- Pour some Outdoor Mod Podge onto a plate. Apply first to the design with a large Mod Podge foam brush before coating entire outside of pot.
- Let sealer dry until not tacky.
- Add a pretty plant and enjoy.