3-Tier DIY Indoor Fairy Garden
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make an indoor fairy garden that will be the envy of all your guests. This stunning tiered fairy garden will make a stunning decoration for your sun room. Learn how to make a tiered plant and paint your planters with vivid colors. Collect your favorite fairy figurines and choose your plants. Once you put it all together, it will stand tall and really be a conversation piece at parties! The fairy garden trend is one most of us can get on board with. Those mini figurines and furniture are just too cute!
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Testors Amazing Craft Gift Set to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in The Ultimate 2018 Crafter's Grand Prize Giveaway!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Testors Fluorescent Sprays
- Testors Chalkboard Sprays
- Testors Enamel Markers
- Testors Universal Bonding Primer
- 3 Terra Cotta Pots Of Different Sizes
- Painter's tape
- Kraft Paper
- Lint-Free Cloth
- Chalk or Chalk Marker
- Gloves For Painting And Gardening
- Potting Soil
- Plants and Fairy Garden Pieces
Always work in a well-ventilated area, such as outside or in an open garage. Prime pots using Rust-Oleum’s Universal Bonding Primer to all 3 pots inside & outside. Let dry.
Add the painters tape and paper to prep all three pots for adding the fluorescent paints.
For the small pot, spray the Fluorescent Yellow Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
For the medium pot, spray the Fluorescent Pink Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
For the large pot, spray the Fluorescent Green Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
Take off the painters tape & paper from all three pots.
Add the painters tape and paper to prep all three pots for adding the chalkboard paint.
Add the Chalkboard paint to the lower area of all three pots. Let dry. Then remove the painter's tape and paper.
Using the White Enamel marker, paint a line where the fluorescent color and the chalkboard color meet on all three pots.
Prep the medium pot for chalk writing by using the side of a piece of chalk, rubbing it in the area where the wording will be written, and then rubbing the area with a lint free cloth.
Write "Fairies Welcome!" on the middle pot using a piece of chalk or a chalk marker.
Add a small amount of large stones to each pot for drainage.
Add potting soil to all three pots.
Stack each pot carefully so it is positioned toward the back of each pot below it.
Add your plants and Fairy items to the display and find a sunny spot in your home to enjoy your creation!
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of March 19, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until March 18 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What would you/do you put in your fairy garden?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
Colorful Upcycled Planters to Brighten Your Garden
Charming Recycled Songbird Tin Can Wind Chime
How to Make a Fairy Garden
Decorative Seed Starter Gifts with Laminated Plant Markers
Recycled Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder
Fairy Garden Terrarium in a Mason Jar
Fabulous Upcycled Faux Chinese Vases
Clay Pot Garden Angel
Junk Store Birdhouse
"Garden Crafts" eBook
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hand Lettered American Flag Plaque
- Squares and Miters
- Tips for Sewing Soft Toys for Kids and Relatives
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- Yoga Shorts Pattern For Women
- Dragonfly toddler Dress
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- Telegraph Shawl
- Flower Headband
- Pleated Blouse
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home