3-Tier DIY Indoor Fairy Garden
Make an indoor fairy garden that will be the envy of all your guests. This stunning tiered fairy garden will make a stunning decoration for your sun room. Learn how to make a tiered plant and paint your planters with vivid colors. Collect your favorite fairy figurines and choose your plants. Once you put it all together, it will stand tall and really be a conversation piece at parties! The fairy garden trend is one most of us can get on board with. Those mini figurines and furniture are just too cute!
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Testors Amazing Craft Gift Set to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in The Ultimate 2018 Crafter's Grand Prize Giveaway!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Testors Fluorescent Sprays
- Testors Chalkboard Sprays
- Testors Enamel Markers
- Testors Universal Bonding Primer
- 3 Terra Cotta Pots Of Different Sizes
- Painter's tape
- Kraft Paper
- Lint-Free Cloth
- Chalk or Chalk Marker
- Gloves For Painting And Gardening
- Potting Soil
- Plants and Fairy Garden Pieces
Always work in a well-ventilated area, such as outside or in an open garage. Prime pots using Rust-Oleum’s Universal Bonding Primer to all 3 pots inside & outside. Let dry.
Add the painters tape and paper to prep all three pots for adding the fluorescent paints.
For the small pot, spray the Fluorescent Yellow Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
For the medium pot, spray the Fluorescent Pink Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
For the large pot, spray the Fluorescent Green Paint to the top area inside and outside of the pot. Let dry.
Take off the painters tape & paper from all three pots.
Add the painters tape and paper to prep all three pots for adding the chalkboard paint.
Add the Chalkboard paint to the lower area of all three pots. Let dry. Then remove the painter's tape and paper.
Using the White Enamel marker, paint a line where the fluorescent color and the chalkboard color meet on all three pots.
Prep the medium pot for chalk writing by using the side of a piece of chalk, rubbing it in the area where the wording will be written, and then rubbing the area with a lint free cloth.
Write "Fairies Welcome!" on the middle pot using a piece of chalk or a chalk marker.
Add a small amount of large stones to each pot for drainage.
Add potting soil to all three pots.
Stack each pot carefully so it is positioned toward the back of each pot below it.
Add your plants and Fairy items to the display and find a sunny spot in your home to enjoy your creation!
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of March 19, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until March 18 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What would you/do you put in your fairy garden?