Painted Spring Tulip Pot
Add your own touch to your clay pots. This Painted Spring Tulip Pot from Amanda Formaro is a great addition to your outdoor plants and would also make a great housewarming gift. Hand painted pots are great gifts and everyone is sure to love them!
- 6" terra cotta pot
- Terra cotta tray
- Acrylic paint in white, sage, brown and country blue
- Paint brush
- Leaf shaped foam stamps, 1 large and 1 small
- Acrylic sealer spray, matte finish
- Paint the pot and the tray white. Repeat with a second coat and allow to dry completely.
- Put some sage paint into a tray or small cup. Add some white paint to lighten. Paint the lip of the tray and the rim of the pot with the sage mixture, repeat if needed and let dry completely.
- Paint the large foam leaf stamp with sage paint (not lightened). Press the stamp onto the pot carefully, gently pressing down all the areas of the stamp to touch the pot. Lift stamp off of pot, repeat on the opposite side of the pot. Repeat this process with the small leaf stamps in random areas of the white space.
- Dip the wrong end of the paint brush into the country blue paint and dot on three dots (in a triangle) in random places on the pot. Repeat this process with the brown paint adding on a "tail" or curling design (see photo).
- Spray the entire surface with acrylic sealer spray and allow to dry completely before adding any plants.