"Garden Crafts" eBook
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Garden Crafts free eBook from FaveCrafts
Spruce up the garden for a happier yard!
As summer approaches, you might want to spruce up your garden with some decorative flower pots or painted watering cans. What better way to get the latest crafting ideas than by using our FREE Garden Craft eBook? Not only are these ideas decorative and fun, but they are a great way to help the environment. Personal gardens reduce the reliance on industrial farms, which use chemical fertilizers and more oil for transportation, contribute to plastic waste through packaging, and contribute to greater carbon emissions. Organic vegetables from the back garden simply taste better and help encourage people to eat better. In the spirit of this wonderful movement, we have put together this exclusive collection of our favorite garden crafts. We hope these ideas inspire you to start your own garden. Use recycled materials for some of these crafts and you’ll be an eco-goddess. Here are just a few of the ideas to make your garden a beautiful place.
Garden Crafts Table of Contents
In March, a team led by Michelle Obama began preparing a spot of land on the White House grounds for an organic vegetable garden. The garden will provide food for the first family and dinners at the White House, but will also help educate children about the importance of healthy, local food. Many are calling this project a “victory garden,” comparing it to Eleanor Roosevelt’s victory garden during World War II. Many homes during this time had a private victory garden when the war put a strain on food supplies. These gardens were also considered important for morale in the community. Like Michelle Obama, many people have once again embraced the concept of victory gardens. Personal gardens reduce the reliance on industrial farms, which use chemical fertilizers and more oil for transportation, contribute to plastic waste through packaging, and contribute to greater carbon emissions. Organic vegetables from the back garden simply taste better and help encourage people to eat better.
In the spirit of this wonderful movement, we have put together this collection of our favorite garden crafts. We hope these ideas inspire you to start your own victory garden. Use recycled materials for some of these crafts and you’ll be an eco-goddess.
We hope you enjoy reading and creating!
The Editors of FaveCrafts
- Fun With Terra Cotta Pots (pg. 7): At your next outdoor gathering, place these colorful terra cotta pots along the table as a centerpiece or in front of each guest as gifts to take home.
- Chalk Paint Garden Pots (pg. 9): Spruce up garden pots in minutes with a coat of chalkboard paint, compliments of Tiffany Windsor of Inspired at Home. These make quick and easy Mother's Day gifts or hostess gifts. Say "Happy Birthday" or "Thanks" with a bit of chalk.
- Floraled Flower Pot (pg. 15): Painted flower pots are fun to do as gifts or for an easy home decor project.
- Hugs and Kisses Pot (pg. 20): Plant one on your beloved this Valentine's Day with a painted candy jar or plant pot.
- Mom Flower Pot (pg. 22): Plant one on Mom with a painted, flower-embellished terra cotta pot for Mother's Day or just because.
- Painted Seashell Pots (pg. 26): Stenciled seashells bring summertime fun to your planters and decorative containers.
- Lollipop Plant Poke (pg. 28): Add a touch of fall and Halloween candy to your plants with a plant poke in lollipop colors.
- Pinwheel Jewelry Plant Stake (pg. 30): Translucent plastic, metal wire and teardrop beads create lovely, colorful garden stakes.
- Bee Garden Stake (pg. 32): Make your garden buzzworthy with the wiremesh bee garden stake.
- Butterfly Garden Stake (pg. 35): Create the Butterfly Garden Stake for your garden with Wireform.
- Garden Girl Plant Stake (pg. 38): Bring your garden to life with this copper girl plant stake.
- Terra Cotta Garden Turtle (pg. 47): Add this whimsical green turtle to your outdoor decor or garden with terra cotta saucers.
- Penny's Bench (pg. 49): This cheery bench will brighten your porch or sunroom!
- Pebbled Garden Decoration (pg. 51): You can purchase the pebbles or find smooth natural ones in your very own garden. These garden stone crafts make beautiful outdoor decorations that will endure all the elements. Great gift idea for a gardener.
- Floral Vegetable Storage Crates (pg. 53): Store everything from potatoes and other veggies to gardening supplies in these cheerful, colorful storage crates.
- Falling Leaves Mosaic Garden Stone (pg. 55): The brilliant display of the colorful embedded glass in this mosaic garden stepping stone reflects the amazing colors of autumn. You will fall in love with the beautiful fall pattern and texture of the mosaic project.
- Dragonfly Garden Stone (pg. 58): Make this pretty dragonfly stone for your own garden or give as a gift to your favorite gardener. A dragonfly mold and embossing enamel makes this project simple, but with lovely results.
- Cute Clay Turtles (pg. 60): These clay turtles are great for an outdoor decoration. They can also be used for the kids to enjoy. With few materials you can have your magic clay turtle done in no time.
You can easily download and print out each book for on-hand reference while crafting.
For help downloading our eBooks, read our help document here!
Be sure to check out our entire collection of eBooks. You'll find titles such as:
With your free copy of Garden Crafts, you can also subscribe to our Quick and Crafty newsletter to become part of the FaveCrafts community. In subscribing to the newsletter, you will receive:
- Weekly emails with free crafting patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more + a weekly wrap-up.
- Chances to win books and products from our weekly giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns and eBooks made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of over 1,000 of free crafting patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the crafting community.
Filled with fabulous ideas for sprucing up the yard, Garden Crafts is a fabulous book for the DIY gardener. Complete with helpful tutorials, hints and tips, and useful information about gardening, you can learn how to make your yard a more pleasant place for you, your plants, and the animals who come to visit...and chances are, you'll never want to go back indoors!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Colorful Ladybugs Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Reworked Rainbow Table DIY Craft Project
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit