Cute Chalkboard Planter Markers
Decorate you garden to show your plants some love with the Cute Chalkboard Planter Markers. You could simply label your plants by name, but you can write anything on these markers because they are chalkboards, so why not write some loving expressions? This would be a wonderful craft for Mother's Day, especially if your mom loves plants or you could stick it in the plant you are giving her. No matter the occasion, express your love to the world with this DIY garden craft.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint - Black, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Painting Stencils - Large - Fab Frames
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Jamaican Sea, 2 oz.; Medium Gray, 2 oz.;
French Blue, 2 oz.; Wicker White, 2 oz.; Buttercup, 2 oz.; Skintone, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Mediums - Crackle Medium, 2 oz.
- Flat Brush ¼”
- Flat Brush ½”
- Stencil Brush ¼”
- Two Wood Plaques 3 ½”x 6”
- Two Wood Plaques 4” x 4”
- Four Clay Pots 3 ½”
- Styrofoam or Oasis
- Glue or Hot Glue Gun
- Spanish Moss
- Popsicle Sticks
- Paper Towels
- Foam Plates
- Base coat clay pots with Medium Grey. Apply several coats of chalkboard paint to plaques allowing time to dry between coats. Paint one each popsicle stick Jamaican Sea, Skintone, French Blue and Buttercup.
- Following bottle instructions, apply Crackle Medium to clay pots in a slip slap application. Let dry completely.
- To condition chalkboard surface, rub side of chalk over surface and wipe with soft cloth or paper towel.
- Stencil frame designs to plaques in colors shown. Apply all dot detail by dipping opposite end of paintbrush in paint.
- Paint Wicker White over Crackle Medium in same slip slap application. Do not overlap paint as it dries. Paint will crackle as it dries.
- Lightly brush stenciled frame colors onto rims of pots as shown.
- Glue plaques to corresponding popsicle sticks. Glue Styrofoam or oasis inside pot. Glue plaques in each pot and cover with Spanish moss.
Read Next5-Minute Plant Markers