Beaded Daisy Frame
Here's a fun mixed-media craft that will put a spring in your step. Add a child's picture or a summer photo for year-round cheer.
- Wood craft frame (Michaels)
- Acrylic paint- white, blue
- Vintage Finds- peach colors (for the cabochon flower centers)
- Kreinik Metallic Threads: 9192 Light Peach 1/8" Ribbon and 3215 Peridot #16 Braid
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape Sheet
- Diamond Beadlets
Paint your frame white. Next, trace your "fence" lightly with a pencil and ruler. Then paint the area above your "fence" blue.
Cut two pieces of Treasure Tape for each of your lower corners, in whatever shape you desire. Peel back the white liner on each piece and place them on your frame. Press out any air bubbles with your fingers.
Peel back the red liner on one piece at a time and begin to embellish. Make a "vine" with your Peridot braid, then place your cabochons to mark your flower centers. To create your petals, make loops with your Peach ribbon around each cabochon. Finish with a few leaves in Peridot braid where needed.
- When finished embellishing, place your frame in a shallow tray or ziploc® bag and pour diamond beadlets over the exposed tape. Swirl with your fingers to cover fully and tap to remove excess beadlets.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.