Patriotic Collar Necklace
Red, white and blue "fire polish" beads wrap around memory wire in this beautiful collar necklace for the 4th of July. This beaded jewelry craft is a great way to show your American pride.
- 3 3/4 inch Necklace Memory Wire - 3 coils
- Sterling Silver Spacer Bars with Faceted Light Sapphire Austrian Crystals - 5 bars
- Silver Plated Memory Wire End Caps - 6 end caps
- Clear Saucer German Pressed Glass Beads - 54 beads
- 6mm Clear with Red Stripes Fire Polish Beads - 30 beads
- 6mm Clear with Blue Stripes Fire Polish Beads - 42 beads
- Maun Side Cutters
- Special T Illusion Glue
- Bent Nose Pliers
- Bead Stoppers
- Use the Maun Heavy Duty Side Cutters to cut three complete coils of wire. The length should be just long enough to go around your neck as this is a choker.
- Use the toothpick to apply the Special T Illusion Glue and attach one End Cap to one end of each coil of Memory Wire. Use Bent Nose Pliers to hold the end cap while you insert the Memory Wire into the hole. NOTE: It is recommended to NOT use Professional Pliers, in case glue gets onto the pliers. Set aside two of the three coils of Memory Wire. Let dry.
- Use 1 coil of wire to string 1 - Red bead, 1 Clear bead, and 1 Blue bead. String the top hole of one spacer bar.
- String 1 Blue bead, 1 Clear bead, 1 Red bead, and 1 Clear bead twice. String 1 Blue bead. String the top hole of one spacer bar.
- Repeat Step 4 three times. String 1 Blue bead, 1 Clear bead, and 1 Red bead. Clip a Bead Stopper to the end of the wire.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 using the second wire and passing through the middle holes of the spacer bars.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 using the third wire and passing through the bottom holes of the spacer bars.
- Use a toothpick to apply glue to secure the last red bead of each coil to the wire. Let dry.
- Remove Bead Stoppers and use Maun Cutters to trim the coils, leaving about 3mm of excess wire.
- Repeat Step 2.
Read NextPatriotic Star Pinwheel