We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "These bright crochet coasters are modern with a vintage vibe. A great stash buster, you can use the colors given, or get creative with whatever is in your stash! An easy pattern with pictures to follow along."
These adorable free crochet patterns for coasters will add a cozy look to your home all the while protecting the surface of your coffee table and end tables. Grab some of your favorite chic and cute colored yarns and whip up these DIY coasters in a matter of minutes. The Modern Vintage Crochet Coasters combine seventies swing colors with a more modern twist on crochet patterns to create a cute accent for any home. This how to make coasters tutorial would look lovely in just about any room in your home. You could make a set of these crochet project ideas for a friend moving into a new home or as a funky hostess gift idea.
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Coasters: Where did they come from?
Coasters were not originally designed for the home. In fact, they have a very European backstory. The first coasters were created in 1880 by a German printing company. These first coasters were produced for bars and were originally called “beer mats” and manufactured out of wood pulp. After that, a brewery in the UK began producing coasters to promote a pale ale. Coasters can also be traced back to the use of saucers with tea in Europe. It seems people have been invested and worried about protecting their tabletops for a long time. Today, beverage coasters are made out of all sorts of materials and DIY coasters can be found in just about any crafting niche, including crochet coaster patterns.
Check out these other unique crochet coaster patterns:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Crochet Wrap Shawl
Crochet Mini Bean Stitch Dishcloth
Aligned Cobble Stitch Anytime Tote Crochet Pattern
Chevron Wristlet Clutch Bag Crochet Pattern
Coraline in the Wine Country Crochet Shawl Pattern
One Skein Cowl Crochet Pattern
Crochet Mini Hanging Baskets
Cupcake Kitchen Towel
Strand of Diamonds Crochet Washcloth Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Soap with Pressed Flowers
- DIY Candelabra PVC Pipe Craft
- 27 Christian Christmas Crafts
- God Is Love Adult Coloring Page
- Ornamental Bird Adult Coloring Page
- Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Kaylee Pope, Editor
- 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 16 Christmas Plastic Canvas Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home