American Flag Picture Frame
Looking for 4th of July craft ideas? Try this American flag picture frame from I Love to Create. Paint an ordinary picture frame with stars and stripes to frame your soldier's photo or to capture your favorite 4th of July memories.
- Home Decor Bisque Designs--21785 Snapshot Wide-Border Frame with Base 8" x 9.5" x 3"
- OS™ Opaque Acrylics--OS 431 White, OS 459 Bright Blue, OS 476 Black, OS 563 Candy Apple
- Ultra Metallics™--UM 956 Silver
- Spray Sealers--SS 331 Clear Gloss
- Debut Taklon Brushes--TB 706 No. 10 Shader, TB 725 No. 10/0 Liner, TB 737 No. 3 Round
- Paper towels
- Graphite paper
- Container w/water
- Old toothbrush
- Pattern 1
- Pattern 2
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove dust.
- Lightly sketch lines and stars for flag, using pencil.
- Fill in stars using No. 10/0 Liner and White. Fill in white stripes of flag, using No. 10 Shader. Let dry.
- Fill in red stripes, using No. 10 Shader and Candy Apple. Apply Candy Apple to back of frame. Let dry.
- Fill in blue section, using Bright Blue and No. 3 Round or No. 10 Shader, working around stars and carrying color over corner triangle on back. Let dry.
- Touch up color wherever needed for solid, clean edges. Let dry.
- Dip No. 10 Shader into water. Tap out excess water onto a paper towel. Side load with Black. Add shading down each side of center fold areas on each stripe. Repeat until color is even and dark enough. Let dry.
- Transfer lettering to front of frame, centering design and using graphite paper. Add lettering, using No. 10/0 Liner and Black.
- Dip tip of toothbrush into Silver. Gently spatter Silver over entire frame. Let dry.
- Spray frame with 2 coats Clear Gloss Spray Sealer. Let dry after each coat.