Faux Vintage Coffee Filter Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use coffee filters to learn how to make paper flower crafts that you will love. This recycled, yet stunning DIY craft idea is surprisingly easy and you are going to love the way it looks. The Faux Vintage Coffee Filter Flowers will add a truly vintage and old school touch to any room. Vintage craft ideas that are budget-friendly can be hard to come by. Many of them actually require vintage fabrics or notions, making them hard to make while penny pinching. This DIY paper flower idea, however, only requires coffee filters!
Primary Technique: Florals/Wreaths
- Tea Stained Coffee Filters (usually 4 to 6 for each flower)
- Hot glue
- Regular Drinking Straws
- Brown Marker
- Floral Wire
- Masking Tape
- Take 4 to 6 filters and fold them together in half 3 to 4 times. ( if they are too thick to cut only do 2 or 3 together)
- Cut the rounded edge in any kind of pattern. My favorite way is lots of small cuts to give the flower a fringed edge.
- Barely snip the smallest tip of the folded filters, ( this will leave a small hole to pull the straw thru)
- Open the filters and one at a time slide over the straw leaving about a quarter of an inch showing to make the center of the flower the stigma.
- Twist the filter around the straw and hot glue it to make it stay around the straw. apply masking tape around it pulling tight and wind down the straw covering it. Do this to each filter twisting tightly around the bottom of the filter before it glue it then wrap it until you have used as many as you want for your flower.
- If you want a leaf, take another filter and cut out a leaf shape. Outline it with your marker and add a few veins.To keep it from drooping hot glue a piece of floral wire down the middle of the leaf.
- Glue your leaf onto the straw close to the base of you flower and wrap with masking tape.
- Wrap the rest of the masking tape the straw until completely covered, glue ever so often to secure it.
- Now shape your petals and leaf to your desire and you have your antique flower!
Make several different shapes and sizes and put in a vase filled with moss! BEAUTIFUL for a center piece on your coffee table!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home