Lace Easter Egg
Use heavy bridal lace to create a beautiful egg from I Love to Create for Easter decorating. The look is very elegant for a formal Easter meal or a fancy room. For something with color, you can also try dyeing the lace before embellishing the egg!
- Aleene's® Tacky Packs- Try Me Size Tacky Pack
- Small cups
- Chop sticks or skewers
- Heavy bridal lace, small piece
- Straight pins
- Foam eggs, 2 13/16” x 3 7/8”
- Ribbon, 2 yds
- Push wide end of egg onto chopstick or skewer.
- For lace egg, cut lace motifs apart to create single flowers and leaves.
- Position pieces to cover egg, securing with straight pins. Remove pins from one motif. Apply Quick Dry Tacky Glue onto back of motif. Press into place. Secure with pins. Repeat procedure to adhere remaining motifs. Let dry. Remove pins.
- For hangers, cut two 12” lengths from desired ribbon. Loop one length back and forth three times to create loopy bow. Tie remaining length around center of bow, tying knot close to bow. Knot ends together to form hanger. Trim end. Apply a dot of Fast Grab Tacky Glue to knot. Press onto small end of egg. Secure with pins until dry. Remove pins.