Lilac and Lemon Cardstock Easter Basket
Use just a single sheet of 12x12 cardstock to create a uniquely folded paper Easter basket, embellished with ribbons, paper shapes and embossing lines. Use these to give out Easter candy to friends, family members, or class members.
- Ultimate Crafter's Companion
- Lilac & lemon ribbon
- PVA glue
- Hole- punch
- 12x12 sheet of lilac cardstock
- A USL sheet of lemon card
- Some small pieces of purple card
- Place the lilac card onto the card-scoring side of the Ultimate. Score along the half-fold 8x8 line. Rotate the card and repeat the same score on the three remaining sides. When you have finished, your card will be scored into 9 equal square sections.
- Crease each fold, so that you can line up the corner sections against the board in turn. Place the card onto the card scorer, and lightly mark the gatefold 12x12 point on both outside edges of the corner squares.
- From each scored intersection (where the scored lines meet), score a diagonal line to the corner. Also score from the same intersection to the points you have marked on the outside edges of the corner square. Each corner square will be divided into four triangles.
- Score a line that cuts across the corner square. Repeat on all four corners.
- Cut away the outside triangle section from the four corners and concertina-fold the scored lines.
- To add some decoration to the outer edges of the box, score the wavy line on the card-scoring side of the Ultimate, onto lemon card. Trim around the embossed edge. Cut the other edge of the strip so that the strip is approx. 1.5 inches wide. Repeat this so that you have two identical strips.
- Stick the strips to the flat edges around the box, trimming to size as you go. When you have done this, punch a hole near the top corners of the decorated edges.
- Gently draw the edges of the box together and secure with some ribbon threaded through the holes on each corner. Don’t pull the ribbon too tight - leave about a half-inch space between the two sides.
- Make a handle by scoring the same wavy line as before on the remaining piece of lemon card. Slide the card along and score the same line, parallel to the first. Cut out both edges along the embossed lines.
- Stick the handle to the edges of the box using a PVA or other strong wet glue. You might find it easier to secure the joins with some soft pegs while the glue dries.
- Using some purple and lemon card scraps, emboss and cut out four large hearts and several small ones from the envelope-making side of the Ultimate.
- Use the large hearts to hide the join where the handle is attached to the base of the basket. Place the small hearts across the handle and around the edges of the basket for decoration.
Read NextCrochet Easter Eggs Wreath