Glittered Easter Eggs
Turn dull inexpensive plastic eggs into glamorous, dazzling Easter Eggs you can display year after year.
- Glitter: Ultrafine Transparent and Opaque or Vintage Glass Glitter Fine and
- Shards or Hologram, Pearlescent, Neon. Several colors of your choice.
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- Plastic Eggs of various sizes and colors
- Paint Brush
- Spray Adhesive (found at any department store)
- Trays for glitter or flat-bottomed coffee filters
- Open plastic egg and set open ends on scrap paper. Spray with a light coat of spray adhesive and let dry. Snap egg back together. Some spray adhesives stay tacky, which is fine.
- Pour glitter into coffee filters or plastic trays. Pour small amount of Designer Dries Clear adhesive into a tray, (about two teaspoons) if glue is too thick; mix in a couple drops of water till it spreads smoothly.
- Paint one end of egg with Designer Dries Clear adhesive. If your glue repeals in some areas brush on a thicker layer. Try to keep adhesive thin around the seam.
- Spoon on glitter color and type of your choice. (Remember if you are using transparent colors they will be influenced by the color of the egg.) Set egg in glitter to let dry. Turn in about 5 minutes. Glue and glitter other side when dry, again try to keep adhesive thin around the seam.
Read NextEaster Cardboard DIY Wreath