Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Crochet a delicate lace wreath with colorful crochet Easter eggs and ribbon. This Easter crochet pattern from Lily Sugar n' Cream is a great way to decorate for the holiday. While finding crochet patterns for Easter is usually full of DIY bunny ideas and itty bitty eggs, sometimes you want to make a piece of DIY home décor that is bigger than an accent piece. This how to crochet a wreath tutorial is the perfect solution. Grab some stunning and subtle pastel yarns and work up this pretty DIY wreath. You could easily personalize this free crochet pattern by making less (or more) crochet egg patterns to decorate the wreath.
Find even more gorgeous Easter craft ideas in our eBook12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults. These DIY crafts are all designed especially for grown-ups, offering you stunning ways to decorate for spring's favorite holiday.
Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath Tutorial
- Yarn: Lily® Sugar’n Cream (Solids: 70.9 g / 2 oz) (Ombres: 56.7 g / 2 oz) 1 ball of Ombre makes 11 eggs.
Contrast A 1 ball
Contrast B 1 ball
Contrast C 1 ball
Contrast D 1 ball
Contrast E 1 ball
Contrast F 1 ball
Contrast G 1 ball
- Crochet Hook: Size 4 mm (U.S. G or 6) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2 yds of mint ribbon ¼ inch [10 mm] wide for Lace Edging
- Stuffing for eggs
- 1 yd [.9 m] of white, yellow, blue and mint ribbons ¼ inch [10 mm] wide for Eggs and Wreath
- Willow Wreath 14 ins [35.5 cm] diameter
Gauge: 16 sc and 16 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
EGGS (Make 5 A, make 4 E, make 3 each of B and G, make 2 F, make 1 each of D and C.)
1st rnd: (RS). 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st in first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc as last sl st. (2 sc in next sc. 1 sc in next sc) twice. 2 sc in next sc. Join with sl st in first sc. 9 sc.
3rd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc as last sl st. (2 sc in next sc. 1 sc in next sc) 4 times. Join with ss in first sc. 13 sc.
4th to 8th rnds: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc as last sl st. 1 sc in each sc around. Join with sl st in first sc. Stuff eggs firmly.
9th rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc as last ss. (Draw up a loop in each of next 2 sc. Yoh and draw a loop through all loops on hook - Sc2tog made. 1 sc in next sc) 4 times. Join with ss in first sc. 9 sc.
10th rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sc as last ss. (Sc2tog over next 2 sts. 1 sc in next st) twice. Sc2tog over next 2 sts. Join with sl st in first sc. 6 sts.
11th rnd: Ch 1. (Sc2tog) 3 times.3 sts. Fasten off.
LACE EDGING (to fit Wreath 14 ins [35.5 cm] in diameter)
With G, ch 142.
1st row: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. 141 sc. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *1 sc in next ch-1 sp. 1 sc in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Turn.
4th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each of first 2 sc. *Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in each of next 3 sc. Rep from * to last 3 sc. Ch 1. Miss next sc. 1 sc in each of next 2 sc. Turn.
5th row: Ch 1. 1 sc in first sc. *Miss next sc. [(1 dc. Ch 1) twice. 1 dc. Ch 3. Ss in top of dc - Picot made. (Ch 1. 1 dc) twice] all in next ch-1 sp. Miss next sc. 1 ss in next sc. Rep from * to end of row. Fasten off.
Join Lace in round. Thread mint ribbon through eyelets of 2nd row.
FINISHING and ASSEMBLY
Wrap white ribbon around colored eggs and colored ribbons around white eggs as illustrated. Using photo as a guide, glue Lace Edging to Wreath as illustrated. Glue eggs to Wreath as illustrated. Glue 3 hanging eggs to ribbons and place in position as illustrated. Cut rem colored ribbons in 6 ins [15 cm] lengths. Fold in half and glue in position randomly around Wreath as illustrated.
Looking for even more Easter craft ideas? Head on over to our full collection of Easter craft ideas for Easter egg designs, DIY bunnies, Peeps-inspired crafts, and even more homemade cuties.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Egg Fabric Bunnies
Bright Paper and Ribbon Eggs
Braided Easter Eggs with Video Tutorial
Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
28 Easter Basket Ideas
Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath
"Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
Easter Bunny Milk Jug Basket
Bunny Peeps Bunting
How to Drain the Yolk from an Egg for Hollow Easter Eggs
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Soap with Pressed Flowers
- DIY Candelabra PVC Pipe Craft
- 27 Christian Christmas Crafts
- God Is Love Adult Coloring Page
- Ornamental Bird Adult Coloring Page
- Soft Shoulder Shawl Knitting Pattern
- Crocheted Snowflake Table Runner
- Kaylee Pope, Editor
- 123 Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults
- 16 Christmas Plastic Canvas Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home