DIY Bobby Pin Earrings
Gather up those bobby pins and make these cute DIY Bobby Pin Earrings from Natalie Pirvey. These are great and lightweight DIY chevron earrings that everyone is sure to love! They're so easy to make that you can make a pair for your BFF, too!
- Bobby Pins
- Piece of Cardstock or Cardboard
- White Spray Paint or Nail Polish
- Acrylic Paint or Nail Polish (colors of your choice)
- Clear Nail Polish
- 2 Thin Pieces of Wire
- Earring Hooks
- Clip bobby pins onto a piece of cardstock separating each slightly from one another.
- Apply a layer of white spray paint or nail polish as a primer. Let dry and do the other side.
- Paint pins your desired base color with paint or nail polish. Let dry and do the other side.
- Lightly sketch your design onto both sides of pins.
- Paint design onto pins with paint or nail polish. Let dry and do the other side.
- Apply a layer of clear nail polish to seal the paint and add a glossy finish.
- Create a triangle shape with the wires, twisting the edges together to close.
- When completely dry, remove pins from the cardstock and run them through the wires.
- Attach earring hooks to the wires and voilà!
Read NextSassy Hot Pink Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 10, 2016
You have got to be kidding me. I was in North Carolina at a Native American store and bought a pair just like these. And I won't say what I paid but I got pennies back from a $20. It was the same design but different colors. I thought it was very imaginative. Now I can make my own! Thank you
Apr 12, 2016
I just love this easy DIY Earring. I have made a few different pair in different patterns. I'm all ways asked, "where did you by those ear rings?" I found some baby size bobby pins at a dollar store and just love how cute they look when painted. I also add a coat of clear nail polish to my pins to finish them off. So cute.. Thank you so much for the free pattern..
Jul 01, 2014
I think these earrings look too too cheap! I wouldn't wear them because they look just like what they are!
elishaporter 57884 64
May 22, 2013
TRUE CRAFTING!! Using what you already have, to create new enjoyment in what you already use! There are several different options if you want to add to this little cutie. For example, various colors of seed beads or E-beads can be added to the top wire, or the wire itself can be easily replaced by a leather or suede cord. So many western designs have the probability for beauty on an idea like this. What an awesome spark to get the creative fires going! Nice job.
Apr 18, 2013
awesome who woulda thought. brilliant idea. At first I thought it was seed beads. good going. keep up the original ideas
Mar 13, 2013
they are so beautiful will do it, God Bless you
oliviamagnolia 981 6995
Feb 19, 2013
This is an AWESOME idea. Must do this!
Feb 04, 2013
very different, neat idea
Feb 02, 2013
So beasty clever. thanks.
Jan 14, 2013
If you don't have wire, I wonder if you couldn't use a paperclip instead?
Jan 27, 2013
Paper clips tend to be a little stiffer than most jewelry wire, but if you have a good set of jewelry pliers, you can manipulate the clip into the correct shape without too much trouble.
Jan 14, 2013
OMG. Brilliant! Doing this TODAY!!!
Jan 14, 2013
Apr 16, 2012
A great gift for your hairdresser!!
Apr 15, 2012
Very clever, I used to do beadwork, but now my fingers don't want to work, so this is a very simple, but pretty craft.
Apr 15, 2012
My childhood bobby pin earrings were never this cute!! I just clipped two bobby pins together and clipped one onto my ear. I like these!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use