Feel Like the Outdoors
Nuts, almonds and pinecones make it look like you're outdoors with this golden wreath. In five easy steps you can have a great handcrafted decoration.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Wreath, 12" x 2-1/4" x 2"
- Dried materials: assorted unshelled nuts, such as Brazil nuts, almonds, hazelnuts; pinecones; seedpods; dried beans
- Ribbon, 2" x 24", gold mesh
- Wire, 12"
- Acrylic spray paint, gold
- Low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Arrange dried materials on wreath, creating a pattern with contrasts in texture, shapes and sizes. Model shown has pinecones around outer edge; hazelnuts around inside edge; a row of alternating pecans and almonds and a row of alternating pinecones and seedpods on face of wreath. When satisfied with design, glue materials to wreath, placing them as close together as possible. Fill in open areas with tiny pinecones and nuts. Let dry.
- Spray paint wreath gold; let dry.
- Carefully cut through middle of large pinecone, creating flower shape; trim away extra pinecone leaves so flower is as flat as possible. Glue hazelnut to center. Paint flower gold; let dry.
- Tie ribbon in bow; glue to top of wreath. Glue pinecone flower to center of bow.
- Add wire for hanger.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.