Super Scrappy Fabric Wreath
Showcase all your favorite fabric scraps with this Super Scrappy Fabric Wreath. Perfect for hanging both indoors and out, this scraptastic wreath is a fun way to decorate your home (and clean up your craft stash at the same time!). The great thing about this wreath is that the more fabric scraps you have, the better it looks. Mix and match styles, colors, and patterns to see how various fabrics can come together to make something truly magical.
- Everything Mary Handle – SH08002 – LT. Brown
- 1 Roll Microspool Ribbon
- 2″ Ribbon
- Wooden Embellishment
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pinking Shears
- Cut fabric into 42 (9×1.25 inch) strips with pinking shears. The pinking shears will keep the ribbon from fraying. We used seven different fabrics on the wreath pictured, but choose any number of combinations that you want.
- Take each piece of fabric and tie it around the handle. Double knot the fabric to secure it. Repeat this process until all ribbon strips are tied on.
- Cut ribbon from your microspool into 6 inch pieces. We used the entire roll. Tie these pieces on here and there throughout your fabric strips. You can use more than one color or style, depending on what design you desire.
- Use 2″ ribbon to create a bow for the top portions of your wreath. You can secure this bow on with more 2″ ribbon or with ribbon from your microspool.
- Use any kind of wooden or chipboard embellishment that you like to personalize the wreath. For the wreath pictured we used a little wooden craft frog and personalized it with a permanent marker.
- This little wreath is a quick easy project that can be made in any array of different themes and color combinations, including holidays and special events like a bridal or baby shower.