Marigold Dreams Wreath
Give your front door a little color with this lovely Marigold Dreams Wreath. Made with leftover fabric scraps and lace, this wreath is sure to add a lovely touch to your home. You can display this wreath both indoors and out and it makes for a lovely home accent piece. Use whatever felt fabric you have on hand to create your flowers and let your creativity bloom with this beautiful Marigold Dreams Wreath.
- Foam Wreath form
- Fake Greenery
- Fabric Scraps
- Felt flowers (see how to make these pretty felt flowers)
- Hot Glue Gun
- A small pieces of poster board
- 2 Pipe cleaner
- Before you start try wrapping the fabric scraps around the wreath form to see if you have the required length to cover the form. Nothing fancy just some slopping wrapping would do. All you are trying to gauge is how much fabric you need. Also place your flowers (tutorial for the felt flowers) on the wreath to get an idea of their layout.
- Now that you have your pattern figured out start by hot gluing one end of your fabric scrap to the underside of the foam and wrap tightly as you go. If your scrap is not long enough just end it on the back of the foam and start with a new piece. Hot glue the other end. Start with the next scrap in this case, the vintage lace. I liked the look of the lace over the chevron fabric so I made sure that I started the 2nd chevron wrapping before I hot glued the other end of the lace.
- For the flowers, trace the wreath form (where the flowers are supposed to go) onto a piece of poster board, cut out, and glue the flowers in the layout that you liked from Step 1.
- Hot glue the pipe cleaners to the back of the poster board at places where the weight of the flowers would be the most. Ideally you should use pipe cleaners that would match your fabric but black is all I had on hand.
- Glue the fake leaves to your poster board too. Now attach the poster board ‘flower piece’ to the wreath by tightening the pipe cleaners. And there you have it, your fabric scraps Spring wreath.
Read NextMini Terra Cotta Pot Wreath