Feather and Mushroom Wreath
Great for fall and celebrating the harvest, this Feather and Mushroom Wreath is a great way to welcome guests to your home. With a simple STYROFOAM base, this wreath is easy to make and is lightweight, making it great for hanging anywhere in your home. This wreath can easily transition into the winter months, too...so it's very versitle and perfect for those who are looking to spruce up their fall and winter decorations.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam Wreath, 12" x 2-1/4" x 2"
- Dried naturals, three each: mushrooms w/stems; natural okra; artichokes w/stems
- Pheasant feathers: 16" long, six; 6" long, 10
- Green reindeer moss, one bag
- Porcupine grass, 10 stems
- Fine-gauge floral wire
- Floral pins, two
- Wire cutters or floral shears
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Use glue gun or craft glue to cover entire foam wreath with reindeer moss. Let dry.
Use wire cutters or floral shears to trim artichoke stems to 2" long. Glue and insert artichokes into bottom of wreath, forming semi-circle.
Glue and insert largest mushroom into outside bottom edge of wreath, below center artichoke, as shown. Glue and insert smallest mushroom into wreath in front of largest mushroom. Glue and insert remaining mushroom into inside bottom edge of wreath, behind center artichoke.
Glue and insert okra into inside bottom edge of wreath, behind mushroom. Trim okra as needed so tips do not extend above top of wreath.
Glue and insert five porcupine grass stems behind each side artichoke, trimming length as needed.
Glue and insert long feathers into outside bottom edge of wreath, centered behind largest mushroom.
Glue and insert six short feathers into wreath between artichokes and medium-sized mushroom. Glue and insert remaining short feathers into wreath below artichokes as shown.
- For hanger, cut 10" length from wire. Fold wire in half and twist ends together to secure. Insert wire ends into top back of wreath. Secure each wire end with floral pin. Glue small pieces of reindeer moss to any exposed pins or stems. Let cone dry completely before hanging.
Read NextBook Wreath Tutorial