Denim Pocket Pillow
Learn how to use your denim scraps in a new way
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Anyone who knows me (even a little) knows that I LOVE all things denim! I love to surround myself with denim, it just makes me happy. I decided to make a denim pillow with one of the many Levis® pockets that I have in my stash using the Soft Touch pillow insert from Fairfield and I added a denim and rose gold flower pin and organza bow pin, that can both be removed for washing purposes, using my new die from Spellbinders®, some old jeans and Fairfield’s Oly*Fun Rose Gold metallic fabric. The step by step photos for making the flower will be on my blog."
I don't know about you, but I always have a pair of jeans that I never use. This Denim Pillow is a perfect way to use those old jeans you have lying around. It is a unique decoration to add to any room or gift it to a friend. The flower pins add that extra touch and the best part is that they are removable so you can throw it in the wash. Practical and cute, what more could you want in your next DIY craft!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Sewn byBoth Hand and Machine
- Fairfield - Soft Touch pillow insert
- Fairfiled - Oly*Fun Rose Gold metallic fabric
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - Girlie Grunge Art Medium
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - Texture Ribbons
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - Dodz™XL
- Spellbinders® - Jumbo Rose steel rule die
- Spellbinders® - Medallion Em-Bossing Folder
- Denim material
- Levis® pocket
- Denim piping
Sew denim piping around the edge of a 16x16 piece of denim
Sew the pocket to the center
Sew a second piece of 16x16 denim to the first, wrong side out, and keep the foot right on the piping for a clean edge
Leave a hole half the width of pillow, turn the cover right side out
Put the pillow insert inside the cover then sew the hole shut
Die cut roses and leaves from denim and Oly*Fun Rose Gold using my Jumbo Rose die from Spellbinders®
Die cut the largest rose from Fairfield's stiffen interlining
Paint the back of the denim and Oly*Fun flower die cuts with my Girlie Grunge Art Medium from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Run the Oly*Fun material in my Medallion Em-Bossing folder from Spellbinders® through their Platinum machine
Use a vintage button and canvas flowers as the flower center thread twine through button shank
Stack the flowers from small to large with the petals offset using the thread
Sew a pin to the back of the stiffen2 die cut rose then fuse it to the back of the flower using a heat gun
Tie a bow with the organza ribbon from the Texture Ribbons pack from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Sew a pin to the back of the bow and use a heat gun to make the ribbon wonky
Pin the bow and flower to the pillow and you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Heart Air Balloon Applique
- Crochet Scarf For Men, Unisex Scarf
- Wall Art Quote
- Diy Felt Storage Cardboard Box
- Easy Kids Apron Sewing Tutorial
- Painted Foil Hearts
- Recycled Valentine Craft
- Conversation Heart Rice Krispy Treats
- Washi Tape Heart Craft
- Dollhouse Sofa For Barbie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home