Bright Neon Barstools
Add lots of bright color to your barstools with this Bright Neon Barstools project. By painting and decorating your stools with Krylon spray paint and craft Duct Tape, you can completely change the look of your decor in no time. Designer Duana Adams used these awesome Neon Barstools in her bar and found that it was a budget-friendly and fun way to bring color into the bar. You can use this same technique to decorate almost anything in your home, from office chairs to ottomans, chairs to other smaller foot stools.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Old bar stool
- 1 can Krylon fluorescent hot pink spray paint
- 1 roll peace sign duck tape
- 1 roll hot pink & 1 roll orange duck tape
- 1 roll tourquois scotch duct tape
- 1 roll lime green duck tape
- 1 roll yellow & 1 roll hot pink scotch duct tape
- 1 piece of material to cover stool cusion with 2" extra
- Self healing mat titanium scissors
- Heavy duty stapler and staples
- Make sure stool is clean. You can either take seat off or leave it on. Spray paint the metal legs.
- While spray paint drying tape material to mat board and cover with strips of the duck tape overlapping by and 1/4 th of an inch (any way you want the colors to be). Cover the whole piece of material. Trim edges.
- Put cushion in center of duck tape material, duct tape facing out. Pull up and staple around the cushion. Trim excess.
- Spray entire stool with a clear coat sealer and you're ready to go.
Read NextCustom Doormat