13 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns for Beginners
Learn how to crochet a baby hat for beginners with these free patterns.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Welcome the newest member of the family with free crochet baby hat patterns. These 13 Crochet Baby Hat Patterns for Beginners will help you learn new techniques while slowly building your skills.
The crochet baby bonnets for beginners in this collection range from classic and traditional to unusual and unique. Learn how to crochet a baby hat for beginners that will be a new mommy's treasured keepsake for years to come.
Be sure to use fun yarn colors and personal embellishments so your design really pops. Just when you thought your baby couldn't get any cuter, wait until you see what happens when you put a hat on him or her.
This Darling Daisy Baby Beanie (pictured) is a wonderful project to make. Designer Erangi Udeshika of crochetforyoublog.com says, "Crochet hats are very popular in the crochet world. And it’s one of the favorite crochet projects we always to like to crochet. They are easy and perfect for beginners to crochet and great for charity and to give someone as a gift. This pattern was one of my first written crochet patterns I shared on my blog. I used sport weight yarn and 3.25 mm crochet hook for this baby beanie. You can crochet this beanie in stripes or solid. It’s your choice."
Speaking of crochet baby hats, you can learn how to make one to match an adorable baby cocoon! Baby cocoons in a way are just giant baby beanies, so give this Adorable Crochet Baby Cocoon tutorial a try with the video instructions below!
Table of Contents
If you're looking for more adorable things to crochet for your baby, check out these patterns. You'll find easy crochet baby hats, blankets, and so much more. These make great baby shower gifts, so be sure to save some of these free crochet patterns for a rainy day. Get the collection:
Classic Crochet Baby Hat Patterns
You can't go wrong with any of these timeless crochet baby hats because they look cute during any season all year long.
- Baby Ruffle HatThis adorable Baby Ruffle Hat pattern is perfect for newborn baby girls. Made with soft bubblegum pink yarn and embellished with a sweet ruffle, this hat is as much fun to make as it is to give.
- Baby Blue HatCrochet a cute baby blue hat. This free crochet pattern from Many Creative Gifts is a great one that can be made for a new addition to the family.
- Baby Toque Crochet HatA sweet picot border and peaked top complete this adorable baby toque. Use this free crochet hat pattern from Bernat Yarns to create a wonderful gift for the new baby.
- Baby Crochet Pom Pom HatThere's nothing sweeter than a newborn baby so why not shower her with a beautiful baby crochet pom pom hat. This pattern by Emilda Herrington is a unisex pattern that fits babies up to six months old.
- Unbelievably Easy Crochet Baby HatBefore you head to a baby shower, work up this Unbelievably Easy Crochet Baby Hat. Crochet baby hat patterns always turn into fabulous gifts that any new mommy can appreciate.
Crochet Beanie Patterns for Babies
Babies and beanies go together like cookies and milk, so bring to life a few easy crochet hat patterns and watch their little smiles widen.
- Darling Daisy Baby BeanieBabies of all ages will love wearing this cute Darling Daisy Baby Beanie. Embellished with an adorable flower, this crocheted baby beanie makes a wonderful new baby gift and a fun hat to wear in the spring and summer.
- Baby Crochet BeanieCrocheting for baby has never been as simple or fun. This Baby Crochet Beanie is an adorable project that you'll love to make for any little ones in your life.
- Watermelon Baby BeanieThis adorable Watermelon Baby Beanie is great for keeping your baby's head nice and warm. This is a simple crochet pattern that would be great for a weekend project or making crocheted hats for charity.
Unique Crochet Hat Patterns for Babies
For something a little different, try your hand at these crochet hat patterns for babies that will have everyone stunned knowing it was handmade.
- Rainbow Hat for BabyThe only thing sweeter than a new baby is this adorable Rainbow Hat for Baby! Free baby hat patterns like this are great for expecting moms or fun projects for those who have to wait in the waiting room!
- Baby Hat with TassleThis is an adorable baby hat from DMC Threads you can crochet yourself. The tassels really add a little something.
- Impossibly Cute Baby Skull HatYou don't need to spend money at the store for your precious little one. Instead, you can make a crochet baby hat all on your own with this Impossibly Cute Baby Skull Hat.
- Super-Cute Crocheted Cupcake HatThis super-cute crocheted cupcake hat from Red Heart Yarn is one of our favorite baby hat patterns. It's adorable and warm!
- Easy Crochet Baby BonnetThis is the most adorable baby bonnet. The fact that it isn't worked in the round, uses only two stitches, and is super stretchy all make this an excellent pattern for beginners!
Once you've learned how to make an easy crochet hat, try your hand at more complicated projects like afghans. When it comes to baby shower gifts, nothing says you care quite like these
What is your best advice for beginners making baby hats?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Westcott Blunt Tip Kids' Scissors
- 30+ Recycled Newspaper Craft Ideas
- How to Weave Without Special Equipment
- Victoria Hannley
- How to Repurpose an Oatmeal Container
- Simple Sparkling Valentine Pendant
- Stripes and Spikes Potholder
- Laundry Bag for Gym Clothes
- Valentine's Day Pillows
- Valentine's day wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home