Crochet Zig Zag Throw
Crochet yourself a zig zag post stitch afghan pattern. This throw is nice and light to use for a spring or summer day. It calls for a size K crochet hook and it's for the intermediate crocheter. You can crochet this Zig Zag Throw using any color combination and it also makes a wonderful housewarming gift for someone moving into their first home or apartment. This throw is also light enough to use as a shawl for a nice walk in the woods during a brisk fall afternoon.
- 4 skeins Red Heart Soft yarn in White (A)
- 5 skeins Red Heart Soft yarn in Grey Heather (B)
- 6.5mm [US K-10.5] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 10 sts = 3"; 8 rows = 3" in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Trcl (treble cluster) = [yo] twice, working all on right side of fabric insert hook into same st 3 rows below as last tr and draw up a loop, [yo and draw through 2 loops] twice, skip next 3 sts 3 rows below, [yo] twice and draw up a loop in next ch-1 space, [yo and draw through 2 loops] twice, yo and draw through all 3 loops.
- To Change Color in Dc: Work last dc before color change until 2 loops remain on hook, drop color in use, with next color to be used yo and draw through 2 loops on hook; continue with new color.
- NOTE: Do not cut colors but drop to wrong side when not in use and pick up again as needed.
Afghan measures 44" x 58"
- With A, ch 144.
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across; turn – 143 sc.
- Row 2 ( Right Side): Ch 1, sc in first 3 sc, * ch 1, skip next sc, sc in next 3 sc; repeat from * across; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 3, skip first sc, dc in each sc and ch (work into the ch, not the space) across, changing to B in last dc; turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, working all on right side of fabric, tr in first skipped st 3 rows below, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, * trcl in last and next skipped sts 3 rows below, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * to last 2 dc; tr in same st as 2nd leg of last trcl, skip next dc, sc in top of ch-3; turn.
- Row 5: Ch 3, skip first sc, dc in each sc across changing to A in last sc; turn.
- Repeat Rows 4 and 5 for pattern, working 2 rows of each color, until 56" from beginning, end by working Row 4 with A.
- Next Row: Ch 1, sc in each st across; turn to work edging.
- With right side facing, ch 1, sc in first st, * ch 2, skip 1 st, sc in next st; repeat from * to next corner; ch 2, sc in next sc row end down side, ** ch 2, sc in next sc row end; repeat from ** to corner; ch 2 ***, sc in first st on lower edge; repeat from * around, end at ***; join with a slip st in first sc. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet Afghans"
Make your home nice and cozy with tons of crochet afghans. You can learn how to make easy crochet afghans with these free crochet afghan patterns that will brighten up every room in your house.
Sign Up for More Free Patterns