Crochet Race Flag Blanket
Do you love crocheting blankets? This crochet race flag blanket by featured artist Kristin Omdahl is a twist on a basic crochet blanket pattern that will leave everyone wanting one of their own!
Finished size: 84' x 60"
- 800 yards each of black and white super bulky yarn (sample shown in Caron One Pound, 2 balls each of black and white, yarn doubled throughout)
- 10mm crochet hook
- tapestry needle
- Gauge: one square = 12"
Square (make 17 black and 18 white):
- ch4, slip stitch into first chain to form ring.
- Round 1: ch3 (counts as dc), 2dc into ring, ch2, *3dc into ring, ch2*. Repeat from * 2 times more. Ch 2, slip stitch into top of ch3 at beginning of round.
- Round 2: slip stitch into the first 2 dc's and in the first ch2 loop. Ch3, 2dc in ch2 space, ch2, work 3dc into same space. *ch1, work 3dc, ch2, 3dc into next ch2 loop*. Repeat from * 2 times more. Ch1, join with slip stitch into top of ch3 at beginning of round.
- Round 3: Slip stitch into the first 2 dc's and into the first ch2 space. Ch3, 2dc into ch2 space, ch2, work 3dc into same space. Ch1, work 3dc into next ch1 space, ch1. *Work 3dc, ch2, 3dc into next ch2 space. Ch1, work 3dc into next ch1 space, ch1*. Repeat from * 2 more times. Join with slip stitch into top of ch3 at beginning of round.
- Work the next 2 rounds exaclty the same but work the following into each ch1 space on each side of square: (ch1, 3dc, ch1).
- At the end of round 5, fasten off.
- After you have made 17 black and 18 white squares, line them up according to the photo above. Using the tapestry needle, sew the motifs together.
- With black yarn, work one row of sc around entire perimeter of blanket, working 3 single crochets into each of the four corners.
- Fasten off.
Read NextPrimrose Crochet Blanket Pattern