Blush Rose Afghan
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beautiful springtime afghan from Red Heart Yarn would look great in a living room or bedroom. Made with a soft blush rose colored yarn, this crochet afghan pattern is feminine and Victorian, and is a great project for anyone who is looking for a new crochet tutorial. You can find this pattern and 24 crochet and knitting patterns in the Wrap up with 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn eBook.
- 5 balls Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Light Raspberry
- 6.5mm [US K-10.5]
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 4 DCL = 5" across; 4 rows = 4" in pattern.
- SCL (single cluster) = [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] twice all in st indicated, yo and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- DCL (double cluster) = For Row 1 Only: [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] twice all in same ch as last cluster, skip next 3 ch, [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] twice all in next ch, yo and draw through all 5 loops on hook. For All Other Rows: [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] twice all in same st as last cluster, skip next petal, [yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops] twice all in top of next cluster, yo and draw through all 5 loops on hook.
- Petal = ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook.
- 2-tr-cl (3-tr-cl) [2 treble cluster (3 treble cluster)] = * [yo] twice, draw up a loop in space indicated, [yo and draw through 2 loops] twice; repeat from * once (twice) more, yo and draw through 2 (3) loops, yo and draw through last 2 loops on hook.
Curl up with this collection of 26 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners. Great for gift giving or keeping for yourself, this collection has an afghan for every need!
Afghan measures 50" x 63"
- Ch 127.
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): Dc in 3rd ch from hook (counts as beginning SCL), skip next 3 ch, SCL in next ch, * work petal, work DCL; repeat from * across; work petal, SCL in same ch as last leg of last DCL; turn.
- Row 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, dc in 3rd ch from hook (counts as beginning SCL), skip first petal, SCL in top of next cluster, * work petal, work DCL; repeat from * across working last leg of last DCL in top of last SCL, work petal, SCL in same st as last leg of last DCL; turn.
- Rows 3-58: Repeat Row 2 for pattern.
- Row 59: Ch 3, 2 dc in first cluster, ch 1, slip st in ch-3 space of first petal, * ch 3, slip st in next petal; repeat from * to last cluster; ch 3, 2 dc in last cluster, ch 2, slip st in top of ch-2. Fasten off.
- Rnd 1: With right side facing, attach yarn at lower right corner of afghan; ch 1, [3 sc in corner, 199 sc across long side to next corner, 3 sc in corner, 119 sc across short side] twice; join with a slip st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Slip st in next (corner) sc, [3 sc in corner sc, sc in each sc across to next corner] 4 times; join – 201 sc between corner sc on each long edge and 121 sc between corner sc on each short edge. Fasten off.
Do you love bright and colorful afghans? Be sure to check out the Tropical Explosion Afghan and the Painted Desert Sunset Afghan. Made with bright and vibrant yarns from Red Heart Yarns, these afghans are sure to liven up your room in no time!
- With right side facing, attach yarn in center corner sc at upper right corner.
- Row 1: Ch 1, sc in same sc, * ch 5, skip 3 sc **, sc in next 7 sc; repeat from * to next corner sc; sc in corner sc; TURN.
- Row 2: Ch 4, (2-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl, ch 5, 3-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl) all in first ch-5 space, (3-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl, ch 5, 3-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl) all in each ch-5 space across; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 4, (3-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl, ch 5, 3-tr-cl, ch 3, 3-tr-cl) all in each ch-5 space across, ch 4, slip st in top of last cluster. Fasten off.
- Row 4: With right side facing, attach yarn in the first ch-3 space at beginning of Row 3; ch 1, * (sc, ch 3, sc) all in ch-3 space, ch 1, ([sc, ch 3] 3 times, sc) all in ch-5 space, ch 1, (sc, ch 3, sc) all in ch-3 space, ch 1 **, slip st in top of next 2 clusters, ch 1; repeat from * across, end at **; slip st in top of last cluster. Fasten off.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 on lower edge.
- Repeat Rows 1-4 on each long side using the SAME center corner sc as upper and lower borders to start and end Row 1.
- ** With wrong side facing, tack together the center edges of the first 3 tr cl on Row 2 of border on each side where they meet at corner.
- With right side facing, attach yarn at right edge of any corner opening in the beginning ch-4 space of Row 3; ch 1, (sc, ch 3, sc, ch 5, sc) all in same space, ch 15, slip st in first sc of Row 4 of border. Fasten off.
- With right side facing, attach yarn at left edge of same corner in the last sc of Row 4; ch 11, slip st in 4th ch of corresponding ch-15 on opposite edge, ch 4, sc in the ending ch-4 space on Row 3 on same side, ch 2, slip st in corresponding ch-5 space on opposite edge, ch 2, sc in same ch-4 space, ch 1, slip st in corresponding ch-3 space on opposite edge, ch 1, sc in same ch-4 space. Fasten off.
- With right side facing, attach yarn in ch-11 loop; ch 1, * ([sc, ch 3] 6 times, sc) all in same loop; repeat from * in next loop. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Repeat from ** for each corner.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw Pattern
- Spiral Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Fidget/Sensory Blanket for Alzheimer's
- 19 Bulky Yarn Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Weekend-Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Basketweave Twists Afghan
- Crochet Circles Throw
- Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Homemade Puzzle For Kids Us
- Mocha Cherry Shawl
- Mystic Ripple Blanket
- French Macaron Amigurumi Dessert Food
- Crochet Hand Towel For Home Kitchen And Bathroom
- Sage Phone Cozy Pouch Case
- Christmas Elf Pixie Amigurumi Girl Doll
- Northwest Coffee Sleeve & Cup Coaster Mug Rug
- Easy Lace Bonnet For Baby Girl
- Fall Harvest Pumpkin Halloween Thanksgiving Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home