Sleigh Red Countdown to Christmas
Keep track of how soon the "big day" is coming with this cool Christmas craft idea. This Sleigh Red Countdown to Christmas is a festive way to keep the excitement high all December long. Your kids will love this decoration the most, and it will start a nice tradition for you and your family. This Christmas idea for kids is also a great way for you to make sure that you finish all of your holiday preparations in time. Create a Sleigh Red Countdown to Christmas and let the fun begin.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Boardwalk Blue, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Red Velvet, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint - Red, 8 oz.
- FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint - Camouflage, 8 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Gloss, 8 oz.
- Mod Podge ® Dimensional Magic, 2 oz.
- 11” x 13” Wood plaque
- Foam paintbrush
- Holiday themed scrapbook paper
- 25 1.5” wood disks
- Detail paintbrush
- Hot Glue
- Letter stickers “Be Merry”
- Paint the plaque with two coats of red velvet paint. Allow to dry.
- Trace around the top of the plaque to make a template of the shape. Cut one shape from a piece of holiday themed scrapbook paper
- Coat both sides of the paper with Mod Podge, position on the top of the plaque and topcoat with more Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry.
- Paint 1/2 of the wood chips with green chalkboard paint. Allow to dry. Paint a second coat of paint in the opposite direction. Once dry, rub chalk over the surface and wipe clean to season the chalkboard. Repeat with the remaining wood disks using red paint.
- Using a detail paintbrush and boardwalk blue paint, paint small lines around each wood disk. 6. Position the wood disks and letters onto the plaque. Use the photo as a guide. Hot glue the disks to secure. Peel the stickers to secure.
- Add small pools of Dimensional Magic over design areas on the paper to highlight the design. 8. Chalk the number 1-25 on the disks.