Coats and Clark's Wreath Afghan is one of those awesomely creative Christmas gift ideas. Everyone appreciates the time and effort you put into a gift like this, especially because it keeps them warm! This lovely crocheted afghan pattern is a great way to get your home in the holiday spirit...and it also makes a wonderful gift for a loved family member or friend. Great for all levels of crochet fans, this afghan is a great way to get in the holiday spirit and create something truly magical for the most magical of holidays.
- 7 skeins TLC® "Essentials™" yarn in Winter White (CA)
- 2 skeins TLC® "Essentials™" yarn in Cranberry (CB)
- 2 skeins TLC® "Essentials™" yarn in Dark Thyme (CC)
- 1 skein TLC® "Essentials™" yarn in Light Thyme (CD)
- 5.5mm [US I-9] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
TLC® "Essentials™" yarn has been discontinued. If you can't find it at your local craft store, try using Red Heart Super Saver yarn as a substitute.
Gauge: Square measures 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Leave 8" length of yarn after fastening off each color to sew squares together.
One Color Square (Make 211 CA, 68 CB, and 8 CC)
- Ch 4, join with a sl st to form a ring.
- Rnd 1: Ch 3, 2 dc into ring, [ch 2, 3 dc in ring] 3 times; hdc in top of ch-3 to join and form last sp; TURN.
- Rnd 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, 2 dc over hdc, ch 1, [(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in next ch-2 sp, ch 1] 3 times, 3 dc over hdc, ch 2; join with a sl st in top of ch-3. Fasten off leaving a long end.
Two Color Square (Make 108 CA/CB, 48 CD/CC, 24 CA/CC, and 8 CB/CC)
- All two color squares are started with the darker color as written for each square.
- With darker color, ch 4; join with a sl st to form a ring. Rnd 1: Ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in ring, drop darker color, tie on other color – DO NOT FASTEN OFF DARKER COLOR, with lighter color ch 2, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in ring; hdc in top of ch-3 to join and form last sp; TURN.
- Rnd 2 (Right Side): With lighter color, ch 5, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, 2 dc over hdc, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in next ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc in next ch-2 sp, drop lighter color, with darker color ch 2, 3 dc in same ch-2 sp, ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) all in next ch-2 sp, ch 1, 3 dc over hdc; sl st into ch-2 loop at top of ch-3. Fasten off leaving a long end.
- Sew squares together following chart. Weave in ends.
- Rnd 1: With right side facing, join CB in any corner ch-2 sp; ch 1, ** (sc, ch 2, sc) all in corner sp, ch 1, * [sc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 1, skip sp] twice, sc in seam between squares, ch 1; rep from * to next corner; rep from ** around; join with a sl st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Sl st into sp, ch 1; (sc, ch 3, sc) all in sp – picot made; * picot in next sp; rep from * around; join. Fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet for Christmas"
Crochet for Christmas
Find free crochet patterns for Christmas decorating crafts, Christmas gifts and more.