Recycled Christmas Cards with Crochet
Add lovely crochet edges to old Christmas cards to create ornaments or to decorate photo albums. Use metallic thread in Christmas colors to crochet the hole-punched edges.
- Old Christmas cards
- hole punch
- Kreinik metallic thread in Tapestry #12 Braid, in your choice of colors
- crochet hook to coordinate with your hole size and braid size
- Cut card to desired shape or size.
- Punch holes in outer edge of design area.
- Using your favorite crochet stitch, crochet a border using the Tapestry #12 Braid.
- When finished, glue onto a photo album, or use as an ornament.
Tip: use a different Kreinik Braid size to achieve a different look. The Fine #8 Braid, for example, is a thin thread and will create a "lacy" look. Medium #16 Braid is thicker, and may be easier to use for beginners or with larger crochet hooks.
Read NextChristmas Door DIY Greeting Card