Recycled Paper Bag Bracelets
Make paper beads from recycled paper bags and use them to make pretty bracelets. Learn how to make friendship bracelets while making paper beads with this craft tutorial!
- Paper bag (one will make a ton of beads)
- Acrylic paint in desired colors. I used a russet metallic
- Small paintbrush
- Decoupage glue, Gloss Modpodge is a good one
- Ruler, pencil, scissors,
- Waxed paper
- Bamboo skewer
- .7 mm Stretch beading cord
- Cover your work surface with a piece of waxed paper.
- Cut a piece of brown paper bag 6 ½” by 14”.
- Brush acrylic paint of choice onto the surface of one side of the paper. Let dry. Brush a coat of decoupage glue on top of the painted surface.
- Lay the paper out lengthwise and working vertically on the unpainted side, measure 1/4” with your ruler. Draw a line that gradually tapers to a point. Working in the opposite side and direction, repeat this step, also tapering. Continue across alternating so that you have as many tapered strips as needed.
- Cut the strips out. Each strip makes one bead.
- Lay a strip on the waxed paper and with a small paintbrush, apply some decoupage glue onto the unpainted side of the strip. Do not apply glue to the last 1/8 inch of the wider end of the strip.
- Starting with the wider end place on the skewer and hold tight with finger, start to roll. Continue rolling making sure to stay centered. Finish with the pointed end. Immediately remove from skewer and add a tad of glue with a toothpick if the pointed end is not completely adhered.
- When you have enough beads for your needs, measure a piece of 7mm beading cord around wrist leaving enough extra to tie into a knot. String the beads onto the cord and knot it. Weave the ends into the beads on each side.
If you loved this project, you'll love the other ones included in our 17 Recycled Handmade Paper Crafts collection!
Read NextCaged Wire-Wrapped Beads Bracelet