Buttons and Thread Bracelets
Buttons are my favorite embellishment! You can use them to embellish just about anything and buttons always add color and spice. Used with floss or metallic threads, these buttons became jewelry!
- Dyi Wood Bracelets (any shape or size will do!)
- Blumenthal Lansing buttons (all sizes and shapes)
- Coordinating acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Assorted threads or flosses including metallics
- Aleene’s Jewelry Glue
- Optional: Large eye needle.
- Paint your wood bracelet(s). I used a patchwork pattern mixing several shades of a color, but you can use a single color basecoat of your color of choice. Allow to dry.
- You’ll need 20-30 assorted buttons to cover the wood bracelet. If using smaller buttons you’ll need a few more than if using large buttons. Using your threads, add a simple pull-thru and knot. This adds depth, interest, and texture to the overall design. I use a needle to help me get the threads through the little holes.
- Randomly adhere your buttons to the painted wood bracelet. You can apply large buttons first, then your next size down until you’ve completely covered the bracelet to your satisfaction. You can see from the sample bracelets that you can mix and match or stick with one color only of buttons. Use your imagination and creativity. Buttons are a blast to craft with!
Learn more about Maria and see her other projects here.
Read NextLiquid Sculpey® Raindrop Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jan 27, 2013
Kraftfun i've found the bracelets at a craftstore in the wood section , where they have the unpainted wood items like birdhouses , letters etc (some craft stores have them some stores don't ) ... also they dont need to have holes in them , you'r theading the buttons first and knoting them and then glueing them on the bracelet .. if you can't find the bracelets in a store i'd look online and check out Etsy or Ebay for them
Jan 21, 2011
Interisting! Where do you find ' Dyi Wood Bracelets ' ? Do they come with holes in them? Thanks
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use