The Shape of Knitting
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The Shape of Knitting
By Lynne Barr
Gifted by Abrams Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
Are you getting the urge to be creative with knitting? Looking for fun ways to challenge yourself and maybe do some things out of your comfort zone to help improve your knitting skills? With the help of The Shape of Knitting, you can create tons of unique and fun patterns that are anything but ordinary.
Broken down into four techniques, On and Off, Add and Subtract, Three-Dimensional Knitting, and Continuous Knitting, The Shape of Knitting provides a variety of ways to give your piece texture and dimension. In the On and Off section, you'll learn about common (and not so common) ways to cast on and bind off your knitting projects. With step by step photos and directions for each technique, author Lynne Barr makes it easy to master new and exciting ways to broden your knitting skills.
Once you've mastered casting on, binding off, and adding and subtracting stitches, you're ready to try one of the 20+ projects in The Shape of Knitting. I love the High Profile Top pattern. This top is a flattering empire-style garment, worked from the top of its funnel neck down to the bottom of the blouse. You wouldn't know it by looking at it, but this top is worked seamlessly in the round, and the unique woven look on the bottom of the top is acheived by simply casting on and off stitches.
Overall I was completely blown away by the projects I found in The Shape of Knitting. By mastering a few simple knitting techniques, you can create patterns that may look challenging, but were actually as easy as casting on an extra stitch.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Cold Weather Crochet
- Card Making with Cricut
- Granny Square Flowers
- Jessica Palmer's Tangle Magic, Tangle Bay and Tangle Wood Coloring Books Review
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Silhouette Style
- Lacework for Adventurous Crocheters
- 75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 25 Recycled Crafts for Easter
- 30 Easter Egg Craft Ideas
- Pom Pom Cupcakes
- 18 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Styrofoam Easter Eggs
- St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Bottle Toppers
- Easy Sew Pencil Pouch Tutorial
- Pajama Friendly Argyle Throw
- Diagonal Squares Knit Throw
- Two Sides Knit Dishcloth