Easy Shamrock T-Shirt
You can learn how to make your own clothes with this easy project from Consumer Crafts. You'll end up with a garment festive enough to wear for St. Patrick's Day. Follow these easy steps to make the Easy Shamrock T-Shirt.
- tee shirt
- Tulip Glitter Fabric Spray paint in gold
- Tulip Fabric Spray Paint in primary colors
- Small paper heart doilies (available at the grocery store)
- Krylong Easy-Tack Repositionable Spray
- scrap paper and scissors
Make sure you’ve got some newspapers or plastic bags handy to catch any overspray and protect your work surface. It’s also nice to have a piece of cardboard- the cereal box kind is fine- to put inside the t-shirts to keep the spray from seeping through.
- Start off by peeling off 4 paper heart doilies (or cut your own) and spray them with the repositionable adhesive spray. Arrange them in a shamrock shape. Using your scissors and scrap paper, cut a “j” shape to act as the shamrock’s stem. Spray that with the adhesive spray and place on the tee as well.
- Using the green Fabric spray, mist the front of the tee shirt well. Here’s a tip: if you depress the nozzle about half way, you’ll get splatters- a full pump of the nozzle gives you a mist. I like a bit of both!
- Let your tee shirt dry a bit, then peel off the doilies to reveal the negative-space shamrock. Then go over the whole tee again, using the gold glitter fabric spray, especially on the shamrock area.
- Let dry for 4 hours before wearing, and wait 72 hours before washing- and you’re ready to go to the parade.
Read NextMini Leprechaun Hats