Light & Layered Knits
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Light & Layered Knits
By Vicki Square
Gifted by Interweave Press
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
One of the unfortunate things about living in the midwest is that the weather is always changing. It can be 60 degrees in the morning, 80 in the afternoon, and then 50 again at night. August can be like July or October, and it may not even get cold enough to snow here until January. Therefore, I'm always on the lookout for clothing that is easy to layer. A shirt or sweater than can be layered with another top can easily last me all year long, no matter what the weather.
If you love the look of layers and are looking for knitting patterns that are lightweight and easy to wear, you're going to love the patterns in Light & Layered: 19 Sophisticated Designs for Every Season. Filled with various tops, sweaters, cardigans, tank tops and more, this book can instantly transform your wardrobe into one that's fuctional and long-lasting.
I love the Pier 39 top, which is a solid-colored shell that makes for an indispensible wardrobe basic. With it's unique design and artistic pattern, this knit top can be worn with a pair of shorts or would make a lovely top to wear with a light jacket for a casual holiday party. Created in 4 parts, this knit top is artistic and versitle, and can really flatter almost any body size.
Several of the patterns in Light & Layered Knits are made with solid colors, so they're easy to mix and match and wear almost any time. If you're feeling creative and want to try some different color combinations, you can easily adapt these tutorials to suit your needs. There are also projects for all levels of knitters, so there's no reason why you can't jump in and get to creating your own clothes right now.
I also love that there are knits for all types of wardrobes. There are simple sweaters that you can wear any time, and there are also more professional tops, tunics, and cardigans that would be more appropriate for an office setting.
With just a couple of these tops from Light & Layered Knits, you can create a whole new collection of wardrobe staples that you'll be able to wear throughout the seasons.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Bath Knits Book Review
- Bouffants and Broken Hearts Adult Coloring Book Review
- Cold Weather Crochet
- 2 Hour Crafting Treasures
- Learn to Embroider with the Best of Leisure Arts
- Unexpected Afghans
- A Beginner's Guide to Chalk Painting
- Card Making with Cricut
- Altered Surfaces
- Crazy Cool Duct Tape Projects
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders