Beautiful Paper Beads
These Beautiful Paper Beads are a great way to use up old magazines. With this easy to follow tutorial, making paper beads is a piece of cake! Use them on a necklace, earrings, or bracelets.
- A colorful magazine paper
- Gauze wire or any strong string
- Tooth pick
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Varnish (nail or wood varnish)
- Colorful small plastic beads
- Tear out a colorful page from an old magazine.
- Cut a long triangle.
- Flip the triangle so the wrong side is facing up.
- Roll up the triangle starting with the larger part,make sure the whole is big enough to fit your string. Put glue on about one inch at the small end.
- Repeat until you accumulate the number of paper beads you would like.
- Now take your string and cut it in the size you want.
- Knot a clasp at the end of your string.
- Thread your beads onto your necklace, leaving three inches at the end.
- Add clasp at the end.
- At this stage, with your beads stringed, you prepare them for varnishing.
- Pour some varnish into a container and hold your stringed beads from the tip of the string as you mix them into the varnish.
- Then hang them on a wire or rope for an hour. Repeat the process at least 5 times so that the whole bead Is covered in varnish. Because varnish will make them stick together,its important to always keep them from clasping together as they are drying.
- When you are sure they are dry,unstring them.
- Armed with a fresh string and stoppers (these are for joining the two strings), tie a knot in the string and ensure that it is firm. Do this at the other end too.
- You can make many different designs using colored paper. Each bead is beautiful and unique,all these lead to very attractive jewelery!
- You can use small plastic beads in between the paper beads to give them a unique look!
Read Next101+ Free Beading Patterns