Bugle Cluster Beaded Bracelet
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free beaded bracelet patterns like this Bugle Cluster Beaded Bracelet from Bead&Button Magazine are a lovely way to accessorize. Learn how to make beaded bracelets that are complex and fabulous with this great tutorial. These funky beaded bracelets are inspired by crochet patterns, so they are truly unique!
- 4 g 6 mm bugle beads
- 55 g 6/0 seed beads or 4 mm cube beads
- 4 g 10/0 or 11/0 seed beads (If desired, substitute
- 4 mm cubes for the 6/0s and 11/0 seed beads for the 10s.)
- 2-in. (5 cm) head pin
- Fireline 6 lb. test
- beading needles, #11
- chainnose pliers (optional)
- roundnose pliers
- wire cutters
For a bracelet 63⁄4 in. (17.1 cm)
- On 1 yd. (.9 m) of Fireline, pick up four 6/0 seed beads, leaving an 8-in. (20 cm) tail. Sew through all four again, and position the beads so you have two stacks of two beads each. Picking up two 6/0s per stitch, work in two-bead ladder stitch until the ladder is approximately ½ in. (1.3 cm) short of the desired bracelet length. Make sure the number of stacks in the ladder is divisible by three. End the thread.
- On 2 yd. (1.8 m) of Fireline, repeat step 1 to make a second ladder, but don’t end the thread. Position the two ladders so the working thread exiting the end stack of the second ladder is going toward the first ladder.
- Pick up a 10/0 seed bead, a 6 mm bugle bead, a 10/0, a 6/0, a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0, and sew through the two corresponding 6/0s in the opposite ladder (figure 1, a–b).
- Pick up three 10/0s, and sew through the next two 6/0s in the ladder. Pick up a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0, and sew through the 6/0 picked up in the previous step (b–c). Pick up a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0, and sew through the corresponding 6/0s in the other ladder (c–d).
- Pick up three 10/0s, and sew through the next two 6/0s in the ladder. Pick up a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0, and sew through the center 6/0 you sewed through in the previous step (d–e). Pick up a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0, and sew through the corresponding 6/0s in the opposite ladder. Pick up three 10/0s, and sew through the next two 6/0s in the ladder (e–f).
- Repeat steps 3–5 for the length of the bracelet, ending and adding thread as needed.
- To add the embellishment along the center, sew through the beadwork to exit the end center 6/0 (figure 2, point a).
- Pick up three 10/0s, a 6/0, and three 10/0s, sew through the 6/0 your thread exited at the start of this step, and continue through the first three 10/0s and the 6/0 just added (a–b). Repeat, sewing through the 6/0 added in the previous stitch (b–c). Repeat again, but instead of picking up a 6/0, sew through the next 6/0 in the center of the bracelet (c–d).
- Repeat step 8 for the length of the bracelet. Don’t end the thread.
- To make the toggle loop, sew through the beadwork so your thread is exiting an end stack, going toward the center of the bracelet. Pick up a 10/0, a bugle, a 10/0, a 6/0, a 10/0, a bugle, and a 10/0. Sew through the corresponding two 6/0s in the opposite ladder (figure 3). Retrace the thread path a few times, then end the thread.
- To make the toggle bar, string a 6/0, a 10/0, a bugle, a 10/0, a 6/0, a 10/0, a bugle, a 10/0, and a 6/0 on the head pin. Trim the head pin about 1⁄4 in. (6 mm) past the last 6/0, and make a small loop with roundnose pliers (photo a). With chainnose pliers, bend the loop so it is flush with the end 6/0, if desired.
- With the remaining tail at the end opposite the toggle loop, sew through the beadwork to exit the center 6/0. Pick up six 10/0s, and sew through the center 6/0 on the toggle bar. Pick up two 10/0s, and sew back through the middle two of the six 10/0s just picked up (photo b). Pick up two 10/0s, and sew through the 6/0 your thread exited at the start of this step (photo c). Retrace the thread path to reinforce the connection, and end the thread.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
101+ Free Beading Patterns
Building Blocks Beaded Cuff
"Beautiful Beads: 45 Beading Craft Projects" eBook
Beaded Bracelet and Earrings
Byzantine Beaded Chain Maille Bracelet
How to String Beads Impeccably
11 Ways to Make Newspaper Beads
Beautiful Paper Beads
Blue Ice Wine Charm
Beautiful Bijoux Crystal Cuff
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pampering Vanity Set: Tissue Box Organizer & Tray
- DIY Fabric Planter
- Lego Block Pillows (Free PDF Pattern!)
- Sundress for Women
- Loopy Love
- How to Make Boring Glass Stunning
- Hot Air Balloon Patriotic Cupcake Decorations
- Father's Day Candy Bar Wrappers
- Plush Poms Bath Mat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home