How to Make a Mixed Media Journal
Transform an old notebook into a mixed media work of art. In this tutorial on How to Make a Mixed Media Journal from Savannah Starr, you'll learn how to add your own personal touch to all your notebooks. This is great for back to school fun and decorating diary covers. Great for kids of all ages, this easy project is perfect for that week right before school starts. Make sure you keep track of all your notes and precious thoughts by creating these easy and fun notebook covers!
- Composition notebook
- Acrylic paint – color(s) of choice
- Paint brush
- Wax paper
- Masking tape or washi tape or glitter tape
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Alphabet letters – sticky back
- Embellishments (rhinestones by the yard, metal embellishments, glitter stickers, mirror tiles)
Insert wax paper between front cover and first page and back cover and last page. This will help to protect notebook from excess paint.
Paint front cover desired color. Let dry. Paint back cover desired color. Let dry.
If desired, place masking tape on wax paper. Brush with acrylic paint to create your own custom colored tape. Lift immediately after painting and move to clean area of wax paper. Let dry.
Place tape on cover of journal. Press edges firmly to journal.
- Glue lettering and embellishments where desired. Let dry. Remove wax paper.
Read NextPainted Apple Mason Jar Craft
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.