Back to School Spirit Pin
Looking for some fun crafts for back to school? Kick of the back to school sports season with an awesome homemade spirit pin. Your child will wear it to cheer on the home team or just to show school pride. Back to school kids crafts are a great way to get the creativity flowing while having a great time!
- Patio Paints
- DCP57 - Marigold
- DCP07 - Geranium Red
- Ultra fine tip black permanent marker
- Jewelry pin back
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Scrapbooking ribbons, six 1 1/2" lengths of each; we used Bobbin Ribbon: red/gold star print #90041-067; red gingham # 90957-018; black/white dash #90588-288; yellow/black dash border #90071-075; black gingham #90957-027
- 2 1/8" x 3 1/4" unfinished wood oval shape, MSI 00100-24095
- Use Marigold to paint wood oval; let it dry.
- Refer to photo and use Geranium Red to paint a star on the oval; let it dry as well.
- Use a marker to draw stitch lines around star shape; write desired words on oval.
- Alternating and overlapping ribbons, glue 1/4" of ribbon ends to back edge of oval.
- Attach pin back to upper center of oval on back side.
- A hair dryer on low heat setting can be used to speed drying of paint. With adult help, ends of ribbons can be singed with stick flame lighter to prevent raveling.
Read NextBack To School Homemade Tote Bag
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Crafts by Amanda
Aug 13, 2011
This is so cute! I run Fun Family Crafts, a site similar in nature to Craftgawker and Spotlight, but different in that it's a library of craft tutorials geared only at kids. I have featured your fun post here http://funfamilycrafts.com/school-spirit-pin/ FFC also accepts submissions! Please consider this an invitation to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! I look forward to seeing what you submit! If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use