Back to School Card: Beady Pencil
Designing your own cards is easy when you have fun stickers and die cuts like these back-to-school designs. We simply embellished the images with double-sided Treasure Tape, colorful Kreinik metallic threads, and clear Diamond Beadlets for that extra sparkle. These make great gifts for a teacher, or as invitations for a back-to-school party.
Designed by Dena Lenham for Kreinik
- Blank white cards and envelopes
- Back-to-school themed stickers or die cuts
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheets
- 1/4" Treasure Tape Roll
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik #12 Braid in colors to match your designs (we used 003 Red, 005 Black, 025 Gray, 002 Gold)
- Shallow pan or tray
- Using the Treasure Tape sheets, remove the white backer and lay the Treasure Tape on top of your die cut or sticker. Cut out your die cut or sticker.
- Remove the red liner to expose the top sticky area.
- Begin decorating with threads, following the lines on your image and "coloring" various areas as desired.
- When thread decorating is complete, lay your design in the shallow pan or tray and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
- Using Treasure Tape 1/4" tape or tape scraps, attach your decorated design to the front of your white card.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.