23 Knit & Crochet Ear Warmer Patterns
Work up some free knitting patterns for head warmers and crochet ones, too!
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Cover your ears in the crisp winter air with a handmade ear warmer. Ear warmers are the trendy new way to keep your ears covered in the winter time. Crochet and knit hat patterns are great, but they might mess up your hairdo!
Ear warmers not only keep your coif in place, but they also double as a stylish headband. They're also really versatile--you can vary the width, embellish them with faux flowers and bows, and make them in any color.
These patterns are quick to make too, which means you'll have time to make a bunch to match every outfit. Knit and crochet ear warmer patterns make great beginner projects too. You'll find something adorable among these 23 knit and crochet ear warmer patterns. Staying warm is always in style!
Table of Contents
Download our free eBook From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories and you'll find ways to learn how to knit a glove, a scarf, a hat, and slippers. Get the collection: "From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories" eBook from Red Heart Yarns
Crochet Ear Warmer Headband Patterns
Crochet ear warmers patterns are so simple and quick to make! You essentially just make a small tube that will fit around your head, and voila--you have a handmade ear warmer! If you want to learn how to crochet ear warmers, just check out a few of these simple patterns and you'll be an old pro in no time.
- Pretty Petals Ear WarmerKeep your ears warm this winter with a Pretty Petals Ear Warmer. This crochet headband ear warmer pattern comes with a feminine flower pattern to crochet and embellish your ear warmers with!
- Simple Crochet Ear Warmer Free Crochet PatternThis simple crochet ear warmer is a great way to keep warm in the winter. Cover your ears in the cold without ruining your hair with this crochet headband ear warmer pattern. It's quick to make, practical, and stylish to boot.
- Fuzzy Pouf Ear MuffsLooking for a quick and thrifty gift idea? Try this crochet ear warmer pattern, free! These fuzzy pouf ear muffs are extra warm, perfect for battling cold winter weather. Stitch up a bunch at once to match every outfit.
- Cozy Winter HeadbandThis Cozy Winter Headband is perfect for any season. The super fine yarn makes this crocheted ear warmer easy to make and very comfortable to wear. Make one for every season and you'll have warm ears year round!
- Triple Thick Ear Warmer Free Crochet PatternNeed a little extra insulation in the bitter cold winter weather? The triple thick ear warmer pattern is what you need! This ear warmer crochet pattern is a great beginner project, and it's practical too!
- Colors of the Night Ear Warmer Free Crochet PatternKeep your ears warm on those late winter walks with this Colors of the Night Ear Warmer. Made with two different yarns, this crocheted headband has a unique shiny metallic look...and the colors are beautiful for fall and winter. This headband can be crocheted quickly and is great for beginners.
- Manly Ear WarmerThis easy no-frill pattern is great for even the manliest of men! It's easy to make and makes a great birthday or holiday gift for the man in your life. This is also a great pattern for a beginning crocheter.
- Blue Fuzzy Ear WarmerThis fun and funky ear warmer is great for kids and adults. This pattern is quick and easy to make, and is a great way to add some color to your winter wardrobe while keeping warm all at the same time!
- Big Bang Ear WarmersThe Big Bang Ear Warmers have you covered. They are thick and wide and will keep your ears toasty warm. Plus, the Big Bang yarn makes them quite pretty.
- A Twist of Fate HeadbandJust because it's cold outside doesn't mean you have to abandon all fashion! Make a functional and fashionable accessory for the winter months. This cute twisted crochet pattern can be made in any color and is a fun wearable for girls of all ages.
Knitting Patterns for Ear Warmers
For those who prefer needles to hooks, here are a few knitting patterns for ear warmers. These simple headbands will keep you just as warm as their crocheted counterparts, and they're also just as stylish. Knit and crochet ear warmer patterns are great no matter how you make them!
- Urban Ear Warmer Knockoff Free Knitting PatternThis knit ear warmer headband is inspired by a headband from Urban Outfitters! Knit your own with this knitted ear warmer pattern. It's simple to make, and cinching it in the middle creates a faux bow look.
- Hooded ScarfThere's no need to fear the cold when you have this free knitting pattern on your side! This Hooded Scarf is not only great for chilly days - it's stylish too! This set is made using a knitting board.
- Fast Finger Knit HeadbandFinger knitting projects are perfect for anyone who doesn't have acces to a pair of needles. You can make a headband anywhere at anytime - all you need is yarn.
- Mobius Knitted Ear WarmersMake a knit headband pattern that shows off your funky side with this twisted and chic idea.
- Learn how to knit a headband that takes almost no time at all with this pattern. This project is perfect for beginners because it doesn't require fancy stitches.
- A knitted headband pattern doesn't have to be simple. This warm and toasty tri-color headband is eye-catching and unique, but completely practical at the same time.
More Patterns for Headbands
These free crochet patterns probably won't keep your ears warm, but for yarn enthusiasts looking to make hair accessories, these two patterns work just fine. You can use elements of these patterns to improve upon your crochet ear warmer patterns too. Perhaps you can make a snood ear warmer? Or use the flower instructions to make a crochet flower ear warmer.
- Snood HeadbandUse a free crochet pattern like this one to make a snood pattern. Berta made this for her Granddaughter who loves Swing Dancing and 40’s styling. "We saw one in a book, so I did a pencil sketch and created this one. I wore one when I was younger to hold back my long hair."
- The Best Crochet Ear Warmer Free Crochet PatternThis ear warmer will keep your ears warm and have everyone captivated by cuteness. The free crochet flower pattern adds a springlike touch to an otherwise traditional winter wearable.
- Keep your ears warm and your style sassy when you crochet this charming headband pattern for the winter.
- Flower Texture HeadbandThis is the perfect time of year to wear thick cozy crochet headbands! They’re not only cute accessories, but also help to keep your ears toasty warm in the crisp cool air.
- Fun Flapper Crochet Headband PatternTake a trip back in time with this Fun Flapper Crochet Headband Pattern. This easy crochet headband looks great in the winter and will keep your ears warm all season long.
- Braided Chains Crochet HeadbandYou can learn a new way of braiding while crocheting this headband. It will feel messy as you start braiding chains, but when you grab the rhythm of the pattern, you will love it.
- This expressive crochet headband features the Tunisian knit stitch, and there is a video tutorial on that particular stitch included with this free crochet pattern.
Whether you love making crochet hats, crochet gloves, or easy and colorful crochet scarves, there are lots of fun projects for crochet fans of all skill levels in our free eBook, "16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, & Gloves" eBook
Which do you prefer: lacy or chunky ear warmers?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Seuss Sneetches Costume Idea
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home