Sweet Berry Rocker
She can rock to her heart's content in this strawberry-decked child's rocker.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO6 - Pineapple
- DAO31 - Baby Pink
- DAO34 - Lavender
- DAO53 - Mistletoe
- DA170 - Santa Red
- DBR2002-B - Round 2
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Fine grit sandpaper
- 1/4" flat brush
- 1/4" and 3/8" round foam pouncer brushes
- 1" flat brush
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Two 1 3/4" wood hearts
- Unfinished wooden child's rocking chair
Preparation: Sand rough areas of wood surfaces.
1. Basecoat entire chair Snow White and let dry.
2. Paint back upper slat, arm rests, middle seat slat, and front and rear lower rungs Pineapple; let dry.
3. Paint third and fifth seat slats, lower back slat, and lower side rungs Baby Pink; let dry. Paint second and sixth chair slats and tall vertical posts Lavender; let dry.
4. Paint outer chair slats and rockers Mistletoe; let dry.
5. Mix equal parts Baby Pink and Santa Red. Paint front vertical posts and hearts with mixture; let dry. Use 1/4" pouncer to dot seat slats and let dry.
6. Use end of small paintbrush to dot Pineapple on hearts. Use 3/8 pouncer brush to dot Pineapple on posts of rocker; let dry.
7. Refer to photo for placement and glue hearts for strawberries on back slats of chair.
8. Use round brush and Mistletoe to paint leaves on berries and words on back slats; let dry.
9. Spray chair with Americana Matte Spray and let dry.
Read NextDIY Wooden Farmhouse Sign