Bright and Bountiful Wedding Gift Bag
Looking for a bright and beautiful wedding favor idea? You can't go wrong with this fun and fabulous gift bag from Pattie Donham Wilkinson for I Love to Create! It's a unique wedding favor that makes a bold statement.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive Pen
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (Mandarin Orange)
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ (300 Clear Pack)
- Canvas fabric – white
- Cotton fabric – orange
- Clear decorative stickers
- Measuring tape
- Decorative cardstock – 2 different types
- ¼” Grosgrain ribbon – orange
- Satin fabric – fuchsia
- Felt tip pen
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Cut a 12” by 6” strip of satin fabric. Fold in half, right sides together.
- Sew sides together, then stitch a 1” long, ¼” thick horizontal seam along the bottom edges of the vertical side seams.
- Fold top raw edge over 1” then stitch in place. Turn bag right side out.
- Cut a length of ribbon long enough to wrap around neck of bag and tie into a bow.
- Tack middle of ribbon to outside of bag at side seam, approximately 1” below top edge.
- Paint canvas with Mandarin Fabric Paint. Let dry. Cut into six small petal shapes. Set aside.
- For the outer part of flower, cut a ½” x 6” piece from the orange cotton fabric. On one side of the 6” length, fray the fabric.
- Position orange strip on the top, left side of bag and use Fabric Fusion Pen to adhere to bag in a circle with the frayed edge out and folding in a fan as you go. Pin in place until dry.
- Take orange canvas petals and use Fabric Fusion to adhere in center of orange cotton fabric circle to complete flower.
- Use heat-setting tool to adhere crystals to flower center.
- Cut first cardstock into small oval. Cut second piece of cardstock into smaller oval to set inside first piece. Adhere with Tacky Glue.
- Place clear sticker over inside oval. Write message with felt tip pen.
- Adhere tag to bag with Fabric Fusion® pen.