Butterfly Flower Seed Favors
Butterfly Flower Seed Favors are one of those wedding favor ideas that will put a smile across guests faces. Allow them to plant a memory of your special day. Great for spring and summer weddings!
- Seed Packets (small seeds are best and a small amount of them)
- Inexpensive seeds
- Pipe Cleaners (pick a color that matches or goes nicely with your wedding colors)
- A small jewelers screwdriver or something to poke two small holes into the seed packet
- First Hold the seed packet sideways and tap it gently to move the seeds down to the bottom. Be sure they are spread out along the bottom. Fold the seed packet like an accordion. On the back side of the packet in the center CAREFULLY (you don’t want to poke yourself) poke two small holes through the accordion fold.
- Fold the pipe cleaner in half even keeping the fold area round. Push each end through the holes you made in the packet. Pull the pipe cleaner through until the round folded edge of the pipe cleaner is near the edge of the seed packet. (see picture above)
- Put the ends of the pipe cleaner through the loop.
- Now you need to turn it over and do a little fixing and fussing to get it to your liking. Lastly curl the end to make them antennas. I did mine with my fingers but if you want them neat and somewhat uniform use a pen or pencil and wrap the pipe cleaner ends around it to make the twists. Dress them up by adding a tag with your Bride and groom names and wedding date or use a gold (something that will look nice and you will be able to see) craft maker/pen to write the information on the front of the seed packet before you fold it (be sure you will be able to see it).
Read NextWinter Pinecone DIY Wedding Favors